Wahle and Rugemar released!!!!

JP-era

Indeed. Nothing is impossible for the guy that doesn't have to pay for it. :blink:

257657[/snapback]

It wont come from me I can promise you that. We passed up Woody last year, how much did we hear about him lighting up the field last year? Exactly. TD knows his job better than any guy on this board. If he says no, I wont second guess him.

Now, if he makes a comment like, "we just werent good enough on offense last year". And then goes the cheap route at LT, LG, and TE I will have a serious concern but still wont judge until the games are played.

I think if your going to make a statement like that you put your money where your mouth is, and you feed it to the Wahles.

Defensive?  I didn't mention you.

Regardless of that fact, if other franchises want him to play tackle then they are going to pay him like one.  That's not a bidding war I'd get into for a guy who hasn't played the most important position on the offensive line.

Pass.

257669[/snapback]

I wont disagree with your logic, its sound. But who exactly is an upgrade to Jennings as our new LT? There aint jack squat. Thats a huge concern to me. If TD wants to trade for one, fine. But if he is trading for or signing a downgrade Id like some insurance.

That's the one I've been thinking all along.

257685[/snapback]

Same here...he'd be a quick strike upgrade to our O-Line...familiar with Mularkey's system...dominated this last year at guard. Absolutely perfect for us, and if we can get him early, he'll have a lower contract than some other FA Guards out there who arent nearly as young or as talented.

Still worried about LT now though...but hey...in TD I trust :blink:

That's the one I've been thinking all along.

257685[/snapback]

Dont really know him, but the Steels have been said to have the number 1 OL in the league. Lets take a looksy

SCouts inc:

Height: 6-5

Weight: 325 lbs.

Pos: Offensive Guard

Born: April 13, 1978, Bartow, FL

Experience: 4 years

College: Mississippi

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Keydrick Vincent

Position: Offensive Guard

Grade: 67 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Vincent plays with leverage, plays with a mean streak and gets good initial pop. Has the lower body strength to consistently push the pile in the running game and looks to finish blocks. Gets adequate hand placement and almost never loses a battle once locked on. As a pass blocker, gts adequate knee bend and rarely gives ground to bull rushers. Lacks an explosive first step, doesn't show a quick set in pass protection and will need help when working against explosive one-gap defenders. Plays with a narrow base at times, loses balance far too often and has problems sustaining blocks. Overall, Vincent is young and he has the work ethic to develop into a quality backup or adequate starter but his upside is limited by his lack of range and athletic ability.

UGGG, a backup or adequate starter? Isnt that Tucker part duhh?

It wont come from me I can promise you that. We passed up Woody last year, how much did we hear about him lighting up the field last year? Exactly. TD knows his job better than any guy on this board. If he says no, I wont second guess him.

Now, if he makes a comment like, "we just werent good enough on offense last year". And then goes the cheap route at LT, LG, and TE I will have a serious concern but still wont judge until the games are played.

I think if your going to make a statement like that you put your money where your mouth is, and you feed it to the Wahles.

257673[/snapback]

:blink: You're well on your way to winning your sig line race...

Please, no more Wahle talk!  It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Now Keydrick Vincent (LG for Steelers last year), that's another story.  Come one stroke of midnight!

257682[/snapback]

Correction, Vincent played RG for the Steelers last year but started at LG for 8 games in 2003.

Guest BackInDaDay

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Mike Wahle

Position: Offensive Guard

Grade: 78 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Wahle has good size and shows the ability to engulf undersized defenders. Plays with good leverage, delivers a powerful initial punch and gets great pop at the point of attack. Takes good angles to his downfield blocks and generally gets into good position. Shows great football intelligence and rarely makes a mistake. In pass protection, has the bulk to anchor against effective bull rushers and rarely gives up his ground. However, he still lacks great footwork in pass protection and he is a significantly better run blocker than he is a pass blocker. Doesn't show the ability to change directions quickly and will have problems sliding with defenders despite athletic ability. Doesn't get a real quick set and he will need some help working against explosive one-gap defenders. Overall, Wahle possesses the ideal combination of size, strength and savvy as a run blocker.

An excellent upgrade to LG, but this is not what you look for in your blindside OT.

I'm sure TD will explore what it would take to sign him, but we have other needs that are more pressing. Of course, TD may apply his 'best player on the board' mentality to the free agent / releasee pool of players and go after him. If he can do that, and find a good OT, God bless him. :blink: