Wahle and Rugemar released!!!!

JP-era

KFFL just reported it.

GET WAHLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldnt mind Regumaeur (whatever spelling) also.

257609[/snapback]

Only EVERY team in the NFL wants him...there was a great article on ESPN about teams over-spending on the first days of free agency because they panic. I'd love to get Wahle, but there is a lot of other great guards in Free Agency out there. I think the early move is going to be at a position that isnt very deep in free agency. Like TE. That being said, I dont think Wahle signs with Buffalo. Not with the whole Left Tackle situation still unresolved.

See, we can sign someone before midnight.

257611[/snapback]

Better hurry TD, Pasq has him as the #2 best available player regardless of position.

from pasq:

Principally a left guard but demonstrated in the playoffs he can move outside and play tackle. Some franchises feel that is his best position, which will enhance his value.

Projected landing spot: St. Louis, N.Y. Giants, Carolina, Miami, Chicago.

from Scouts inc:

Height: 6-6

Weight: 304 lbs.

Pos: Offensive Guard

Born: March 29, 1977, Portland, OR

Experience: 7 years

College: Navy

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Mike Wahle

Position: Offensive Guard

Grade: 78 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Wahle has good size and shows the ability to engulf undersized defenders. Plays with good leverage, delivers a powerful initial punch and gets great pop at the point of attack. Takes good angles to his downfield blocks and generally gets into good position. Shows great football intelligence and rarely makes a mistake. In pass protection, has the bulk to anchor against effective bull rushers and rarely gives up his ground. However, he still lacks great footwork in pass protection and he is a significantly better run blocker than he is a pass blocker. Doesn't show the ability to change directions quickly and will have problems sliding with defenders despite athletic ability. Doesn't get a real quick set and he will need some help working against explosive one-gap defenders. Overall, Wahle possesses the ideal combination of size, strength and savvy as a run blocker.

Gotta love him!!!

Only EVERY team in the NFL wants him...there was a great article on ESPN about teams over-spending on the first days of free agency because they panic.  I'd love to get Wahle, but there is a lot of other great guards in Free Agency out there.  I think the early move is going to be at a position that isnt very deep in free agency.  Like TE.  That being said, I dont think Wahle signs with Buffalo.  Not with the whole Left Tackle situation still unresolved.

257617[/snapback]

Fine but I hope you want an true upgrade at LG and not some cheap version that usually means, "you get what you pay for". He also can play LT and I like him even more with us set to get a questionable T in Shelton.

I wouldn't mind getting his guard partner Marco Rivera to be honest.....

A quality player and will come cheaper

257625[/snapback]

Cheaper because he is a hell of alot older. 27 vs. 33. Thats a big difference.

Id love to save money but not at the expense of our o-line (see Tucker).

This forum will have to be renamed the "Wahleing Wall" until somebody signs him.

257636[/snapback]

I havent seen a Wahle post in 2 days. How many Drew posts have there been? Maybe it should be the "I blew Drew" page.

Fine but I hope you want an true upgrade at LG and not some cheap version that usually means, "you get what you pay for". He also can play LT and I like him even more with us set to get a questionable T in Shelton.

257626[/snapback]

Oh I totally want a true upgrade at Guard. I was thinking along the lines of Vincent, Rivera, Neil, Hamilton, etc.

Oh I totally want a true upgrade at Guard.  I was thinking along the lines of Vincent, Rivera, Neil, Hamilton, etc.

257645[/snapback]

I like all but Wahle is in a step up from all of them IMO.

BTW, Many frachises feel that he may be better suited to T which gives us the option of having him as our LT.

And all because a couple of journalists have said:  Wahle could transition to tackle.  Never mind that he hasn't actually played there.  He's already a top 5 guy at the position.  :blink:

257650[/snapback]

I never said that, what I commented on was that many frachises are reported to feel he is better suited to the T spot. Thats very different than being a top 5 T. Could he be that I dont knwo, but I know that we need both and a Wahle is already a proven G, with virtually no T being left that are better than Jennings, pick up a guy with upside but sign a Wahle as insurance.

I never said that, what I commented on was that many frachises are reported to feel he is better suited to the T spot. Thats very different than being a top 5 T. Could he be that I dont knwo, but I know that we need both and a Wahle is already a proven G, with virtually no T being left that are better than Jennings, pick up a guy with upside but sign a Wahle as insurance.

257665[/snapback]

Defensive? I didn't mention you.

Regardless of that fact, if other franchises want him to play tackle then they are going to pay him like one. That's not a bidding war I'd get into for a guy who hasn't played the most important position on the offensive line.

Pass.

257665[/snapback]

I'd love to see Wahle in a Bills uniform, but I just dont think its going to happen...he's a top 5 free agent, regardless of whether he plays guard or tackle, and some team is going to break the bank for him. We simply cannot match what some teams will whore off to him. Make him an offer, sure...but dont focus on only one particular FA or you'll be very dissapointed.