'I'm hip and trendy, so laws don't apply to me'

Guy I knew did that a year ago christmas morning, saw him an hour before he did it. Sat down on the track in front of a speeding amtrak, dialed his ex-wifes phone so she could hear it happen. I was never a big fan of his but sad nonetheless

Holy jeebus man! That's awful. When I was a kid one of our neighbors blew his brains out with a shotgun, and his kids found him in his bedroom when they got home from school. I remember my parents being so angry with him, and my mother saying "if he wanted to kill himself he should have gone off in the woods to do it." I remember thinking that was so mean of her to say, but now I certainly get it.

in my town we have had 3 kids in the last 4 years walking down the tracks get hit and killed. this is right down main street, too. lots of witness.

a few years ago in a blizzard some kid went for a jog on the railroad his family claimed. no way. he had shorts, a hoody and his earbuds in. he was struck and killed.

and before that a few people have stood on the tracks. one right before christmas. he was launched over 100 yards by the 75 mph amtrack.