Fishing

Hurricane

Just purchased a beautiful fishing kayak today. Perfect for the reservoirs, rivers and small lakes around where I live. I can't wait to try it out on Sunday!

Went fishing on Wednesday with my son to a spot where we usually catch a lot of pan fish (rock bass, bluegills, perch, etc...). Out of nowhere the smallmouth started hitting. My son caught a nice 2-3 pounder, and I caught a few including one that was about 6.5 pounds. Lost another one that looked even bigger. Might have been a small pike. Snapped my line about 5 feet away from the shore.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just purchased a beautiful fishing kayak today. Perfect for the reservoirs, rivers and small lakes around where I live. I can't wait to try it out on Sunday!

Went fishing on Wednesday with my son to a spot where we usually catch a lot of pan fish (rock bass, bluegills, perch, etc...). Out of nowhere the smallmouth started hitting. My son caught a nice 2-3 pounder, and I caught a few including one that was about 6.5 pounds. Lost another one that looked even bigger. Might have been a small pike. Snapped my line about 5 feet away from the shore.

Just stay away from the swans! From a few years back:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2012/04/mute-swan-attacks-and-kills-man-chicago-pond

...Two witnesses saw Hensley resurface a few times in the pond and called police, but by the time crews arrived he had been fully submerged...

News accounts said the swan continued to attack Hensley as he struggled in the water.

I guess you could say he...

tenor.gif

...took a swan dive.

Awesome man...