Henry Screwing Us?

BillsNYC

Or here's the post for those of you who can't read it....

So, anyways...Philster, Ally, Halbert, and I go over to the pinto after the game to talk to Kenny. A guy comes to the bar and is drunk out of his mind and pissed. He also did a bowling ball shot to get even more plastered. :snicker He rips a poster off the bar that says "Run, Willis, Run" and says that he is Travis Henry's agent and demands to talk to whoever owns that bar, and he found Kenny. Kenny was talking to him and he told the agent that he is a huge fan of Travis Henry and tried to calm him down. The agent kept asking everyone why we hate Henry so much and then repeatedly said "I'm going to **** over Buffalo so much. I will **** you guys so bad." And he kept saying about how he is going to get Henry a huge deal somewhere else and is going to really **** us over. He was going on and on about how he feels that we hurt Travis and he does not understand why we love Willis so much and won't give Travis any love. Oh, and he also proved it to a couple people that were there, he showed Travis Henry's number on his cell phone to Kenny and some of his friends that were with him and were sober also confirmed that he is Henry's agent.

----------------------

I also have a pic on there for proof that it is him...Hadley Engelhard.

255754[/snapback]

Don't believe it.

how is he going ot screw the Bills. Will let him be the backup all year. Can't see how that would be the move TH wants.

IF THAT IS TRUE...if

I would say let Travis Henry ride the pine all year.....

For that matter....let him play Special Teams.......and FINE him every time he misses a block....

I have no problem letting TH ride the pine for a year.....if nothing else it solves our back RB problem for this year.....

255801[/snapback]

he'd be too much of a distraction to the team and even if God forbid, Willis goes down...Henry wouldn't give it his all.

Problem is, Bills hold all the leverage here. They have to agree to ship him somewhere in order for a trade to be consumated. It would make little sense for them to intentionally piss the Bills off when they can send him to a team he does not want to play for.

I think this is a case where the Bills are working with his agent to get a deal done. It is best for both sides. That said, they KNOW Arizona has no capable starting backs on their roster -- so why not try and cash in now?

Hmm...$1.25 million doesn't play a role with Pat Williams. How do you know that money saved won't go directly into PW's pocket? Oh..you don't do you?

I agree with TH in wanting a new deal, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if the Agent and TH were makign things dificult for the Bills out of the CLEAR bitterness they have for them.

255722[/snapback]

Problem is, Bills hold all the leverage here. They have to agree to ship him somewhere in order for a trade to be consumated. It would make little sense for them to intentionally piss the Bills off when they can send him to a team he does not want to play for. 

I think this is a case where the Bills are working with his agent to get a deal done. It is best for both sides.  That said, they KNOW Arizona has no capable starting backs on their roster -- so why not try and cash in now?

255833[/snapback]

See I think TH has more leverage than we give him credit for. By trading him to Arizona, we'd be filling our main need at a dirt cheap price giving us room to upgrade elsewhere. Without this trade, the Bills are going to be forced to spend more for the LT position. We really need this trade, and Henry knows that.

Seems to me that the Bills have made their offer: Henry for Shelton. The Cards are seeing what offers they may get for Shelton, as well as what kind of RB talent they saw at the combine in lieu of getting Henry. If they get another good offer for Shelton they could use that against the Bills, or against Henry in renegotiating his contract. I think the Cards are in a tough position. It is a very hard decision how much to pay Henry as part of an extension. They can't really say to him that they want to have him play out the season and then renegotiate because he will get offers from other teams especially if he plays well, and just leave them with no running back and nothing to show for Shelton. This deal will likely get done, IMO, but some hard negotiating between Henry's agent and the Cards will have to be entered. And it may take a few weeks.

Umm...

That talks about his drunken agent walking into a bar and dissing the Bills.

So that makes him a locker room cancer how?  :doh:

255961[/snapback]

Just another "insider source" saying that he, his agent and his mom have been a constant thorn for the last couple of years. One person reporting it you can ignore it, two you kind of have to see what going on and can ignore, but when constant reports of how Travis, his mom and his agent are saying that Travis is getting screwed and they are unhappy and the Bills are mistreating him, means that he probably is a pain in the ass.

he'd be too much of a distraction to the team and even if God forbid, Willis goes down...Henry wouldn't give it his all.

255814[/snapback]

Disagree. He might be a distraction, but he would definitely give it his all. He would be a fool to half ass it if he had a chance to showcase his stuff in a contract year.

Disagree. He might be a distraction, but he would definitely give it his all. He would be a fool to half ass it if he had a chance to showcase his stuff in a contract year.

255973[/snapback]

He didn't give it his all before he got injured this year, once he lost the starting job to McGahee and he came in for relief.

You think Henry is delaying the trade to the Cardinals on purpose to screw the Bills over? By not getting a deal done, the Bills can't turn their attention to PW and other free agents.

With all the bitterness that resulted from Drew being released, I bet there's a TON of it with Henry.

255675[/snapback]

to be fair to henry, this is one big chance. if he doesn't get it now, he never will - he's played 4 years, and even good rbs hardly ever last longer than 8 years. he'd be an absolute fool to not insist on a good contract (assuming one is to be had). in short, no one is getting "screwed" -- he doesn't owe anything to the bills, who after all are quite happy to unceremoniously speed his exit out of town.