Interesting Web Site

blzrul

Operation Truth is a Veterans' group established by veterans of Desert Storm / Enduring Freedom and Enduring Quagmire. Its advisory board is vet-studded and includes Jesse Ventura.

The blogs there are interesting. It's a chance to hear from some soldiers who are there as well as those who have served there. It is a nonpartisan organization; you can read about its mission on the site.

I suppose that to the extent that the material on this site is irritating or puts one candidate or another in a poor light, it will be dismissed, but that would be a disservice to the men and women who have served and are serving, since they are the source of the information.

In any event there are so many people on this board who claim to care for our troops a great deal, I thought this site might be of interest.

Good site.......War isn't easy but it looks like we are doing some good over there. Lot of the pictures some of the Iraqi's seem to like us there. From what my nephew (who's there) has told me ...It's a small minority that are doing the majority of fighting. Most of the people just want to live normal lives.

Good site.......War isn't easy but it looks like we are doing some good over there.  Lot of the pictures some of the Iraqi's seem to like us there.  From what my nephew (who's there) has told me ...It's a small minority that are doing the majority of fighting.  Most of the people just want to live normal lives.

19200[/snapback]

That website was a good reminder why I left active duty. I forgot about writing your unit's name on the latrine wall. How the civilian contracts got paid a lot more then you. And then the LT had to buy battery for his night vision goggles. I was like... yup, that's the military how I left it.

That website was a good reminder why I left active duty.  I forgot about writing your unit's name on the latrine wall.  How the civilian contracts got paid a lot more then you.  And then the LT had to buy battery for his night vision goggles.  I was like... yup, that's the military how I left it.

19698[/snapback]

Some things never change. Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

And then the LT had to buy battery for his night vision goggles.  I was like... yup, that's the military how I left it.

19698[/snapback]

Not if they're lucky enough to have someone in the states to send them some. My fiancee and I sent to her friend's unit in Baghdad a couple hundred AA's for NVGs and radios. It's just possible we saved a few lives with that.

Lots of parallels to the Roman Empire in its fleeting days --- overstretched, undersupplied and underpaid.

Both of my brothers have been in active duty, and now in Reserves and National Guard. Everything from truly INCOMPETENT leadership to Stop Loss (what Kerry called the "backdoor draft"), seeing guys get $120,000 tax-free while you make 18K and have to apply for fuggin FOOD STAMPS to get by, and the VA is a national joke, our thanks to those who've served.... is alienating a lot of soldiers.

This ship is leaking.

Terrorists worldwide are learning that they can do a lot of damage w/ minimal costs. If N. Korea and Iran are smart, they collaborate to attack us at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this if W gets back in the White House, b/c they know it's coming anyway.

We screwed up by not following George Washington's advice of isolationism.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Lots of parallels to the Roman Empire in its fleeting days --- overstretched, undersupplied and underpaid.

We screwed up by not following George Washington's advice of isolationism.

20230[/snapback]

YES! I have been reading Gibbon up until my courses started, and I can't imagine a better way to start off your post.

George Washington also wanted a system free of political parties. DAMN, the guy was a smart man.

HOWEVER:

If we had not intervened in World War II, I cannot imagine the inevitable human suffering that would have taken place that would go FAR BEYOND what actually happened.

The arguement could be made that by us not intervening in World War I, World War II never would have happened, but I don't know about that. It is an interesting possibility, to say the least. They STILL don't know what was onboard the Lusitania that caused it to burst... I want to know! :flirt: