Tyrod scores more TD's per game than Flacco/Tannehill & more

pbanach

They did. You just showed it to me.

Also I asked for their records when trailing by 4 points at any time. With TT, we know he has only won 2 of those 15 or so games.

So does Aaron Rodgers suck because he does it at about the same rate as Tyrod? You have to reach pretty far for 4th quarter comebacks to be a relevant stat. Jay cutler has 21 so he must be better than Aaron Rodgers by your math.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So does Aaron Rodgers suck because he does it at about the same rate as Tyrod? You have to reach pretty far for 4th quarter comebacks to be a relevant stat. Jay cutler has 21 so he must be better than Aaron Rodgers by your math.

Still nothing about records when down 4 points or more. TT is 2-15.

Jimbo had 2 GWD and 2 4th Q comebacks in his second season over 12 games.

Doesn't remind me of TT at all.

I was 21 then. I remember the first four seasons with Kelly. He was anything but all world back then. His best throw was a pick over the middle late in games. He didnt really blossom till the no huddle became a staple in 1990. You do remember Polian going ballistic dont you? Something like "Marv Levys still the coach, Jim Kelly is still the quarterback. And if you dont like it you can get out of town". You think he said that because fans and press were doing cartwheels in the streets over those late 80's teams? Edited by TANK2

Taylor isn't the best, but he's certainly not as bad as some on here think. PFF has a nice little article around him:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-should-build-around-tyrod-taylor-not-show-him-the-door/

and of course 26CB already beat me to it:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191337-pff-bills-should-build-around-tyrod/

Edited by voodoo poonani

I was 21 then. I remember the first four seasons with Kelly. He was anything but all world back then. His best throw was a pick over the middle late in games. He didnt really blossom till the no huddle became a staple in 1990. You do remember Polian going ballistic dont you? Something like "Marv Levys still the coach, Jim Kelly is still the quarterback. And if you dont like it you can get out of town". You think he said that because fans and press were doing cartwheels in the streets over those late 80's teams?

I'm not following you.

I gave you total wins when trailing by any amount. I can't find such a specific thing because IT'S A MADE UP STAT.

When trailing in the 4th Q or the game? Because TT can't win games if it's 7-0 in the first.

I'm not following you.

When trailing in the 4th Q or the game? Because TT can't win games if it's 7-0 in the first.

4th quarter comebacks when trailing by any amount. It really isn't as prevalent as you and other posters make it out to be and it involves a lot of other factors outside of qb play.

4th quarter comebacks when trailing by any amount. It really isn't as prevalent as you and other posters make it out to be and it involves a lot of other factors outside of qb play.

I'm asking for the stat of winning games when trailing by 4 or more ever, not just the 4th. TT is 2-15.

Basically, if the opposing team scores a touch down or 2 field goals before we do, we have a less than 20% chance of winning the game with TT.

I'm asking for the stat of winning games when trailing by 4 or more ever, not just the 4th. TT is 2-15.

Basically, if the opposing team scores a touch down or 2 field goals before we do, we have a less than 20% chance of winning the game with TT.

Still not accounting for what actually happened in the Miami game, I see.

I'm not following you.

And you probably never will but Ill try to clarify. Jim Kelly was pretty average his first four years. A qb rating in the mid eighties each of those years. Wasnt till 1990 when he had a qb rating over 100. Thats four years until he became the guy we like to remember. That 4 years as starter. With an additional 2 years as starter in the mickey mouse league. Nobody remembers that. Nobody remembers the fans and press blasting the team continuosly in 1989. Remember the bickering Bills? I do. Plenty of bad press then. Plenty of pissed off fans. Point is Tyrod is the best starter weve had in years and he isnt our main problem. Hes different. Hes an average passer, but an amazing runner. He adds a dimension to this offense with his legs other qbs cant. This team was seventh in scoring after his last start. He was part of that. Thats a fact. No matter how much many of you choose to ignore that. Hes much better than people give him credit for. PFG just put out an article that backs that up. The game is changing. The Cam Newtons and Tyrod Taylors of the world are going to become more common as time goes on. Dual threats which make your offense more explosive.

Edited by TANK2

Why dont you look it up yourself instead of creating an imaginary argument that cant be objectively proven without a small army of analysts looking at every Game every QB in the NFL has played in their careers to account for your subjective stat.

Go look up the info yourself and report back to us.

Why dont you look it up yourself instead of creating an imaginary argument that cant be objectively proven without a small army of analysts looking at every Game every QB in the NFL has played in their careers to account for your subjective stat.

Go look up the info yourself and report back to us.

TT is 2-15. That's really all that matters. It's a stat that shows if we get down, we can't score enough to win.

TT is 2-15. That's really all that matters. It's a stat that shows if we get down, we can't score enough to win.

Ok, now go look up the same numbers for every QB in the NFL and report back to us. Throwing out a number with no point of reference is useless.

9-8 in games where we score 25 or more indicates the Defense/ST cant carry their weight. Top 10 in scoring over 2 seasons. We score enough. Offense is 1/3 of a team.

Not only has Buffalo's offense ranked top 10 in 2015 &16 in offensive touchdowns scored per game, but Tyrod Taylor is also finding the endzone more than some "franchise guys".

http://nysportsbiz.com/2017/01/03/since-2015-tyrod-taylor-is-averaging-more-tds-per-game-than-flacco-tannehill-others/

I hope we sign him for 10 years, he is definitley the answer.

All the pretty stats you guys dig up to make your case is interesting. How many times has this guy put the team on his back and won games when needed? Let' s see those fancy stats compared to the other QBs that have taken their teams to the playoffs. I wouldn't rest my case against the Flaco, and Tannenhill group.

The Flaco contract has killed that organization, the Same way the Tie Rod contract would put us in cap hell. The Ravens cannot afford to surround him with talent.

Edited by DirtDart

So whats your cutoff for QBs in general when they dont perform up to your standards. One game? Eight? Sixteen? Twenty four?

I hope we sign him for 10 years, he is definitley the answer.

All the pretty stats you guys dig up to make your case is interesting. How many times has this guy put the team on his back and won games when needed? Let' s see those fancy stats compared to the other QBs that have taken their teams to the playoffs. I wouldn't rest my case against the Flaco, and Tannenhill group.

The Flaco contract has killed that organization, the Same way the Tie Rod contract would put us in cap hell. The Ravens cannot afford to surround him with talent.

The TT contract wouldnt put us in cap hell. 20ish highest paid QB out of 32 teams is cap hell? What would you consider Dareus?

Joe flacco is the 2nd highest paid QB next yr. TT would be exactly at 20. Below Jay cutler. I honestly dont know what people complain or argue about anymore.

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2017/