Tyrod Taylor is basically Colin Kaepernick "bad"

San-O

Overall numbers are also similar Taylors 2015 and 2016 numbers are very comparable to Kaps 2013 and 2014. Biggest difference is Taylor has more rushing touchdowns and less interceptions

I can't remember.......were those Niners any good on D? :lol:

Also keep in mind back then that many people thought the Niners had found a transcendent superstar player.

Tyrod is a far more polished, mature player with less limitations in his game and nobody is expecting him to be a franchise QB at this point.

Jesus, the only way to appease Bills fans sometimes:

If the QB isn't 300 yards, 3 TD pass and 50 yds rushing everyday, he sucks.

With the Bills running game, 200-225 yds passing with efficiency (something TT still needs to work on, seeing how he is just a second year starting QB) and a TD pass or two thrown in is ample for production at the QB position for this team.

Buffalo has never been a pass first offense. Even in K-Gun, Thurman was the #1 option.

Check the stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_AVERAGE_YARDS

Tyrod doesn't throw a lot of INTs, which is good but other than that he's at the bottom of most stats that one might look at.

And if Buffalo doesn't have the BEST running game in the NFL this year at 5.3 yards / carry, T.T. is not even in the discussion as being an NFL QB.

IMHO.

Yawn... Doesn't this ever get tiring? We'll never have a Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger or a Rogers type QB in this miserable organization until the front office finally gets its **** together. So until that finally happens, if ever, we have to make do with the best options available to THIS organization. Taylor IS the best option right now period.

Good point.

Jesus, the only way to appease Bills fans sometimes:

If the QB isn't 300 yards, 3 TD pass and 50 yds rushing everyday, he sucks.

With the Bills running game, 200-225 yds passing with efficiency (something TT still needs to work on, seeing how he is just a second year starting QB) and a TD pass or two thrown in is ample for production at the QB position for this team.

Buffalo has never been a pass first offense. Even in K-Gun, Thurman was the #1 option.

Stats dont tell tho whole story. Tyrod is a factor as to why we have the best running game and top 10 in scoring 2 years in a row, too many people forget that. He's not a world beater but hes not kapernick bad either.

+1. People who keep shutting down TT need to come up with an alternate QB that they can actually get for the Bills. At this point Tyrod is our best bet. May be the Bills can swing a trade for AJ with the Bengals and duke it out in training camp. But at this time we don't have a better QB on the horizon (assuming Romo doesn't want to come to the Bills...I see Romo swinging to Denver)

I would like the Bills to bring in McCarron to compete with TT too. I think Bills draft another qb this year if they Can't tho

+1. People who keep shutting down TT need to come up with an alternate QB that they can actually get for the Bills. At this point Tyrod is our best bet. May be the Bills can swing a trade for AJ with the Bengals and duke it out in training camp. But at this time we don't have a better QB on the horizon (assuming Romo doesn't want to come to the Bills...I see Romo swinging to Denver)

True.

Look at completion %

Look at yards / game.

Look at QB rating.

The HAVE to run the ball because the can't throw.

He also is like 30th in the league in sacks I believe.

Yes, let's look at the QB rating. It's been over 100 four of his last five games. He was 7th his rookie year. He was 18th this year, but that's far from worst, and one could suggest that he found his footing after a slow start in his second season (which happens to a lot of second year quarterbacks).

isnt that, more or less, what made kaepernick decent for a few years but not long term sustainable?

I'm not sure if Kaepernick changed, or if the other ingredients that enabled him to win (stout D and a strong running game) faded

It's a valid point that unless you've got a great QB, you need a great D and a great run game to go along with an average QB.

Everyone wants a great QB, the question is where do you find him