Some Bills news from KFFL.

Bills | Salary Cap Room - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:13:07 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills are approximately $7 to $8 million under the salary cap heading into free agency this year.

Bills | Williams to Test Open Market - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:04:22 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Todd France, agent for Buffalo Bills DT Pat Williams, said the team has not contacted him regarding a new contract for his client and he doesn't anticipate any discussions before Tuesday's deadline, March. 1. Williams will become an unrestricted free agent March 2, where he could attract a $4-6 million per year offer.

Bills | Salary Cap Room - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:13:07 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills are approximately $7 to $8 million under the salary cap heading into free agency this year.

Bills | Williams to Test Open Market - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:04:22 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Todd France, agent for Buffalo Bills DT Pat Williams, said the team has not contacted him regarding a new contract for his client and he doesn't anticipate any discussions before Tuesday's deadline, March. 1. Williams will become an unrestricted free agent March 2, where he could attract a $4-6 million per year offer.

254453[/snapback]

I really hope they have some FA in mind and feel that person is an upgrade to Pat. I hope this isnt a ploy to go the cheap route, it dont think its in the Bills best interest whne they are so close. I want NO dowgrades at this point, only UPGRADES!!!

I hate how everybody gives KFFL the credit.  all they are doing is reposting blurbs of the article.  Which is the same thing that TBD does on their front page, BillsDaily and even BillsZone.

Someone already posted about the actual article here... http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=19115  :D

254460[/snapback]

Good NFL news from beat reporters

There are no free agents available to upgrade over Pat. Pat is the best one out there. The others are either re-signing with their teams or franchised. Williams is the BEST DT available in free agancy. His replacement if he leaves is coming from within--Edwards or T Anderson.

I hate how everybody gives KFFL the credit.  all they are doing is reposting blurbs of the article.  Which is the same thing that TBD does on their front page, BillsDaily and even BillsZone.

Someone already posted about the actual article here... http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=19115  :D

254460[/snapback]

So what? KFFL is one of the best sources of news across the league, even if they don't generate it themselves. TBD, BillsDaily, and BillsZone do the same things except with a Bills focus. You're jealousy is misplaced.

There are no free agents available to upgrade over Pat.  Pat is the best one out there.  The others are either re-signing with their teams or franchised.  Williams is the BEST DT available in free agancy.  His replacement if he leaves is coming from within--Edwards or T Anderson.

254488[/snapback]

Not a chance Corey Simon is a much better DT who can play one or two gap. He is not only better but much more versitile.

You forgot to mention Simon is younger too. Yet he's been franchised by Philly, which pretty much takes him off the market.

254637[/snapback]

Sorry didn't realize he was franchised. So then Pat probably is the best one there. And you're right he is younger.

Sorry didn't realize he was franchised.  So then Pat probably is the best one there.  And you're right he is younger.

254641[/snapback]

I have a small Corey Simon story that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I worked for the Eagles as an intern after high school and I was involved in their community outreach program, the Eagles Youth Partnership. I became friends with one of the girls that worked there and I would ask her stupid stuff like what are the players like, etc. She said the only one she couldn't stand was Simon. One particular incident stood out in my mind. She said that they had a memoribilia signing day once and Simon and one other player were the ones there. It was a catered event as well. Anyway, the food didn't arrive on time and Simon asked when it was getting there. They told him that they were making calls and it would be very soon but they had to start the signings. He flat out refused to sign a thing until "his" food arrived. His quote was something like "I ain't signing a damn thing till I eat."

Eh probably means nothing, but I really have never wanted him on the team since then.

I have a small Corey Simon story that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I worked for the Eagles as an intern after high school and I was involved in their community outreach program, the Eagles Youth Partnership. I became friends with one of the girls that worked there and I would ask her stupid stuff like what are the players like, etc. She said the only one she couldn't stand was Simon. One particular incident stood out in my mind. She said that they had a memoribilia signing day once and Simon and one other player were the ones there. It was a catered event as well. Anyway, the food didn't arrive on time and Simon asked when it was getting there. They told him that they were making calls and it would be very soon but they had to start the signings. He flat out refused to sign a thing until "his" food arrived. His quote was something like "I ain't signing a damn thing till I eat."

Eh probably means nothing, but I really have never wanted him on the team since then.

254648[/snapback]

Never said we should or could sign him. I said he is the best FA DT out there. And to be honest he is a lot better than Fat Pat. But Pat is probably better than anyone else available.

Never said we should or could sign him.  I said he is the best FA DT out there. And to be honest he is a lot better than Fat Pat.  But Pat is probably better than anyone else available.

254652[/snapback]

Oh I know. And you are right, it is a moot point beause of the F Tag. Just thought I'd share....