2013: Russ Brandon bringing "Moneyball" to Bills

Big Blitz

Professional bullshchidt artist

You say it like it's a bad thing.

"give the marijuana addict DL big money"-analytics department

TBD after Dareus makes a good play on his new team:

"HOW CAN THE BILLS BE SO STUPID LETTING THEIR BEST PLAYERS WALK!"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think moneyball works better for baseball's needs as a whole.... When you can spread stats over a period of 9 months and say160 games, you can edge out opponents in percentages...

In football you get 16 lousy stinkin' games to get it all done... Everything has to happen like YESTERDAY... It's a game that's scored and played like NO OTHER.

Talent is important but LEADERSHIP moreso... It's leadership that gives focus to talent in team sports... The bar that leadership sets in this environment keeps everyone on the same page, and moving in the same direction. -Forward.

Show me a team with leadership on both sides of the ball, and I'll show you a playoff team... Brandon, Whaley, Rex, and co. approached this thing all wrong from the start..

I think moneyball works better for baseball's needs as a whole.... When you can spread stats over a period of 9 months and say160 games, you can edge out opponents in percentages...

In football you get 16 lousy stinkin' games to get it all done... Everything has to happen like YESTERDAY... It's a game that's scored and played like NO OTHER.

Talent is important but LEADERSHIP moreso... It's leadership that gives focus to talent in team sports... The bar that leadership sets in this environment keeps everyone on the same page, and moving in the same direction. -Forward.

Show me a team with leadership on both sides of the ball, and I'll show you a playoff team... Brandon, Whaley, Rex, and co. approached this thing all wrong from the start..

Just about to write this.

Football has a lot of qualities that are not conducive to analytics. So much of it's emotional and open. Baseball after the pitch is very reactionary, and has under a second to make a decision. They made progress putting chips in pads, and judging velocities and impacts, but that's more for injury prevention.

Also the Bills problems are getting 11 players on the field, having CBs not bite on the play fake, having a QB that can throw over the middle, penalties still, and having a kicker who can make field goals. Not exactly hidden secrets.

This job could be viewed as Browns-level toxic because owner Terry Pegula has shown he has no idea what hes doing in the NFL and NHL (Sabres). If Pegula were smart (new owners take a while to smarten up), he would clean house and hire a football czar to fix this mess. But that wont happensure, he axed Rex Ryan already, but they kept GM Doug Whaley.

Per Greg Bedard of SI