Clarrett's bad day at the combine

PromoTheRobot

GG, or anyone else, I agree the back-up spot is a priority.  What would you think of Anthony "A-Train" Thomas, of the Bears?  He is someone I wouldn't mind seeing in a Bills uniform.  He has a lot of bumps and bruises over the year, but it seems like everytime he gets a chance to play, he makes an impression.  He may not be Bettis powerful, but he is a good pounding back, and I think, would compliment to McGahee's very nicely...

254326[/snapback]

Completely agree, D. Thomas gives a great effort and has a knack for getting in the endzone. He'd be a very good fit as a backup plus a solid starter if Willis went down.

Clarrett runs the 40 at the Indy combine at 4.8.  That puts him in the speed range of a defensive lineman!  What's worse, Maurice decides to quit and go home after the bad showing.  So not only is he slow as crap, he's a quitter to boot.

Still think TD is gonna draft him?  Then again, a big name is irresistable to some people.

PTR

254214[/snapback]

YES I DO!!!! The guy is a proven runner. I think he is not in playing shape right now. His 40 will come down.

I like this, If the Bills like him they get him later now.

I don't like Clarrett but i gotta feel like he is more elusive & powerful than fast. Guys like Thurman and Travis Henry didn't have breakaway speed and are/were still damn good. As usual, everyone gets hung up on 40 times and other measurements. I think the fact he quit the combine will hurt him more than his time. Now he's a quitter.

YES I DO!!!! The guy is a proven runner. I think he is not in playing shape right now. His 40 will come down.

I like this, If the Bills like him they get him later now.

254387[/snapback]

You're blind support of Clarett makes me worry about your support for JP. The only thing he's "proven" is that he's a QUITTER!

PTR

You're blind support of Clarett makes me worry about your support for JP.  The  only thing he's "proven" is that he's a QUITTER!

PTR

254565[/snapback]

I cant blindly agree to that. Many Many players have bolted for the NFL, so what, its there choice. Dont forget OS wouldnt take him back.

So what, he was a cocky jerk for a while. I watched his interview on NFL Network and he appears to have changed to someone much more humble.

Im not talking about a 1st rounder here, in say, the 5th round who cares?

I cant blindly agree to that. Many Many players have bolted for the NFL, so what, its there choice. Dont forget OS wouldnt take him back.

So what, he was a cocky jerk for a while. I watched his interview on NFL Network and he appears to have changed to someone much more humble.

Im not talking about a 1st rounder here, in say, the 5th round who cares?

254574[/snapback]

I think he meant quitter because he just up and left the combine after his bad 40 time. The scouts told him to stay but he just hung his head and...well....quit.

I do think that he has serious running ability and I would not mind taking him in the 6th or 7th round. Those picks are all longshots anyway. Why not make our longshot one with incredible potential?

I think he meant quitter because he just up and left the combine after his bad 40 time. The scouts told him to stay but he just hung his head and...well....quit.

I do think that he has serious running ability and I would not mind taking him in the 6th or 7th round. Those picks are all longshots anyway. Why not make our longshot one with incredible potential.

254585[/snapback]

Just like randy moss up an gave up on the playoff game.

I do think that he has serious running ability and I would not mind taking him in the 6th or 7th round. Those picks are all longshots anyway. Why not make our longshot one with incredible potential?

254585[/snapback]

exactly my point.

Just like randy moss up an gave up on the playoff game.

254587[/snapback]

No I think thats different. Clarett says he had been training like a madman to get ready for this workout. He probably ran the 40 hundreds of times, and I bet this was one of his worst showings. The frustration of blowing it all when it was finally time to shine had to weigh on him heavily. No excuse for quitting but I can understand his thought process.

I think Randy just gets bored. He thinks (like many extremely talented players) that he is above it all and if he doesn't want to give a sh--, then he doesn't. I think that is a worse type of quitting.

Completely agree, D. Thomas gives a great effort and has a knack for getting in the endzone.  He'd be a very good fit as a backup plus a solid starter if Willis went down.

254355[/snapback]

Agreed. The knock on him, I'm told, is he is somewhat injury prone, however we wouldn't need him carrying the ball 25 times a game. In fact, the way McGahee finds the end zone, we wouldn't even need him in goal line plays. But if he gets the chance to spell Willis, it gives a solid second punch while not subjecting him to tons of poundage.

No I think thats different. Clarett says he had been training like a madman to get ready for this workout. He probably ran the 40 hundreds of times, and I bet this was one of his worst showings. The frustration of blowing it all when it was finally time to shine had to weigh on him heavily. No excuse for quitting but I can understand his thought process.

I think Randy just gets bored. He thinks (like many extremely talented players) that he is above it all and if he doesn't want to give a sh--, then he doesn't. I think that is a worse type of quitting.

254591[/snapback]

Al davis likes these type of players to demener the raiders image.

Completely agree, D. Thomas gives a great effort and has a knack for getting in the endzone.  He'd be a very good fit as a backup plus a solid starter if Willis went down.

254355[/snapback]

Another plus for Thomas is that I saw a quote from him, somewhere, saying that basically, starting or backing someone up is not really an issue for him, as long as he gets to play. He seems to have a good attitude.