Is there any chance we cut or trade Wood next year?

Big C

Next year will be the last year of his current deal. I say we keep him for next year and see what happens.

The question is, Groy becomes RFA at the end of this year, what tender do we place on him?

Edited by Fixxxer

They would save about $3 million by cutting him but still have to pay a little over $4 million in dead cap. I think its more likely they restructure/extend than cut him.

Groy will likely spend one more season as the interior swing man. I think he's done well since the Wood injury. In 2018, he can have the chance to unseat Wood or replace Incognito. Let's not forget Richie is closing in on 35 years old and if the Bills cut him after 2017, they save over $6 million ($7.575 cap hit vs $1.15 dead money)

They would save about $3 million by cutting him but still have to pay a little over $4 million in dead cap. I think its more likely they restructure/extend than cut him.

Groy will likely spend one more season as the interior swing man. I think he's done well since the Wood injury. In 2018, he can have the chance to unseat Wood or replace Incognito. Let's not forget Richie is closing in on 35 years old and if the Bills cut him after 2017, they save over $6 million ($7.575 cap hit vs $1.15 dead money)

True. Do we think they move Groy or Wood to guard when Richie goes?