The Only Person who Must be Fired

Mark80

Obviously the chatter is mostly around Whaley, Rex, and Brandon around here. But to me, the only person in the organization that absolutely MUST be terminated as soon as possible is whoever keeps leaking information to the media. Is it one of those three? Perhaps. Is it being released at the direction of one of those three? Most likely. If that person can be identified they must go. We cannot have an organization of back stabbing, self-serving individualist if we want to be successful. Someone who is leaking this sort of information before we are even eliminated from the playoffs is a cancer in this organization. How Rex can keep his composure during the press conferences is beyond me and this surely is weighing on his mind and impacting his preparation for Miami and NYJ.

Well run organizations are a cohesive team, especially in the public eye, not this.

Edited by Mark80

Obviously the chatter is mostly around Whaley, Rex, and Brandon around here. But to me, the only person in the organization that absolutely MUST be terminated as soon as possible is whoever keeps leaking information to the media. Is it one of those three? Perhaps. Is it being released at the direction of one of those three? Most likely. If that person can be identified they must go. We cannot have an organization of back stabbing, self-serving individualist if we want to be successful. Someone who is leaking this sort of information before we are even eliminated from the playoffs is a cancer in this organization. How Rex can keep his composure during the press conferences is beyond me and this surely is weighing on his mind and impacting his preparation for Miami and NYJ.

Well run organizations are a cohesive team, especially in the public eye, not this.

Completely agree. In fact, that's how Rex should answer questions about his "future" with the team. Example below:

BN Reporter: Rex what about the reports about you being fired?

Rex: What Reports?

BN: Sources say you're gonna be fired . . .

Rex: Who are your sources?

BN: Can't divulge.

Rex: My sources are in the Bills organization and they haven't told me this. So if you cannot share your resources, I have to go by mine and prepare for our next opponent. Next question.

BN: (If they keep pressing - and they will . . .)

Rex: Guys, if you cannot tell me who in this organization is telling you this, we cannot have a conversation about rumors. Next Question.

I'm not sure if I want him fired or not.

The offense is averaging something like 25.5 pts - which is very good, however the Offense is challenged when playing from behind or running a hurry-up pace.

The Defense isn't what it should be under a Defensive Guru - it's allowing 22.4 pts per game and has maddening fits of ineptitude - against the run one week, the pass another, 3rd downs, red zone - something different each week. Injuries cannot be an excuse, but losing Dareus and Kyle for 8-9 games and Aaron Williams for another 8 games weakened the Defense up the middle.

The Bills Brass has a tough decision to make on Whaley & Rex & Tyrod. Brandon is untouchable - he's not in the Football Dept - he's on the Business side and he's doing a great job of selling the mediocrity every year - he's going nowhere!

I would like Terry & Kim to bring in a consultant - someone who can objectively evaluate the football operation. Someone on the cutting edge and not a dinosaur like Polian (he was great in his day but . . .).

Completely agree. In fact, that's how Rex should answer questions about his "future" with the team. Example below:

BN Reporter: Rex what about the reports about you being fired?

Rex: What Reports?

BN: Sources say you're gonna be fired . . .

Rex: Who are your sources?

BN: Can't divulge.

Rex: My sources are in the Bills organization and they haven't told me this. So if you cannot share your resources, I have to go by mine and prepare for our next opponent. Next question.

BN: (If they keep pressing - and they will . . .)

Rex: Guys, if you cannot tell me who in this organization is telling you this, we cannot have a conversation about rumors. Next Question.

I'm not sure if I want him fired or not.

The offense is averaging something like 25.5 pts - which is very good, however the Offense is challenged when playing from behind or running a hurry-up pace.

The Defense isn't what it should be under a Defensive Guru - it's allowing 22.4 pts per game and has maddening fits of ineptitude - against the run one week, the pass another, 3rd downs, red zone - something different each week. Injuries cannot be an excuse, but losing Dareus and Kyle for 8-9 games and Aaron Williams for another 8 games weakened the Defense up the middle.

The Bills Brass has a tough decision to make on Whaley & Rex & Tyrod. Brandon is untouchable - he's not in the Football Dept - he's on the Business side and he's doing a great job of selling the mediocrity every year - he's going nowhere!

I would like Terry & Kim to bring in a consultant - someone who can objectively evaluate the football operation. Someone on the cutting edge and not a dinosaur like Polian (he was great in his day but . . .).

I feel the same way about both the leak and about Rex. If I'm Pegula, it's top priority to find out who is leaking in house business to the media. It's ridiculous. I wish Rex would handle the media just like you mentioned. Personally, I don't Rex has done that bad of a job overall. I agree his defense has been disappointing, but he's had a ton of injuries this year and who are we going to get that is any better? I think I'd like to see him get one more year.