Roster Cuts

Matt in KC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What surprises me is how many draft picks from the last 2 yrs got cut.  I think that this is an indication that TD might not be a great eye for talent in the draft.

19201[/snapback]

Do you have the figures comparing keepers from TD's draft to the stats for the rest of the NFL. nonnarb said (I think he was theorizing rather than stating this as a flat-ot stat that Buffalo under TD is in the top 10 in the NFL as far as draftees still being on the roster. From my sense this may well be true as I think the Bills generally under TD have a rep for being loyal to their own that other teams which treat players as replaceable commodities do not have.

Teams can also hype this keeper figure by refusing to cut guys who should go, but the Bills have not demonstrated this as a commonality as folks like Brandon Spoon who easily could have been kept because he was a former starter popular with fans was let go.

If one isgoing to make the claim that TD is a bad drafter, this may be true but it will need to be supporter with some #s not to be taken as mere opinion potentially driven by TD dislike.

Buffalo under TD is in the top 10 in the NFL as far as draftees still being on the roster

That number, if true, is misleading. You are alot more likely to keep your draft picks if you are a rag-tag team(as we've been the last few years) vs. a playoff team. When the Bills were in their heyday they kept maybe one or two picks. It was very difficult for a draft pick to break into the lineup with all the talent we had.

That being said I still think TD has done a decent job so far.

Lawton and Trafford better not pack their bags, I guarantee they'll be back tomorrow on the practice squad.

19166[/snapback]

I spoke with Lawton a bit after one practice. Did not see him in much action, but he was a nice guy with a good work ethic. I was hoping someone would see some potential and retain him. Hard for a FB to break into this team though.