Anyone know anything about Chad Scott?

Bear

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch a steelers game so I dont know anything about the guy.

Scott

Could he be a Nickel and maybe push McGee for the 2 spot?

I also really don't know anything about the injury, but if it was something that he was able to play on at the end of last year, he may be back to 100% by the start of this season, but agian, I'm clueless on his talent level.

For what it's worth:

Scott was a Donahoe draftpick who looked really really good when he arrived. He drew a lot of tough assignments his first couple years and even though he was inexperienced managed to do an excellent job. Going to Stillers camp several times it was obvious that he was the best player in thier secondary and was becoming a leader on their defense.

Then as time passed he started getting nicked every once in a while, missing a game here and there. The missed time wasn't a real problem but the nagging injuries seemed to really begin taking a toll on his athleticism. Over the years his level of play began to decline and it now seems as if he is never going to become the player that he appeared he could be.

He doesn't suck and he would certainly be a better option than anything the Bills have at the nickle and may even push McGee for the #2 spot. But htere are still some faults to his game. He takes more penalties than he should because he's a physical hands-on corner (and in the NFL's current climate, this could be a problem), the injuries that have sapped some of his physical abilities make him susceptible to the occasional deep ball as his recovery speed is not what it once was and while he can still play the bigger receivers he seems to have problems with the smaller quicker receivers (which NE and NYJ seemed to be loaded with).

I think he's still a good player and would like to have him in a Bills uni, but only at a reasonable salary. Given that he's a former Rnd1-2 draft pick who was making nearly 4mil/year last season and still has some good skills, there may be other teams who are more desperate for DB's that are willing to give him more than the Bills should.

Cya

For what it's worth:

Scott was a Donahoe draftpick who looked really really good when he arrived. He drew a lot of tough assignments his first couple years and even though he was inexperienced managed to do an excellent job. Going to Stillers camp several times it was obvious that he was the best player in thier secondary and was becoming a leader on their defense.

Then as time passed he started getting nicked every once in a while, missing a game here and there. The missed time wasn't a real problem but the nagging injuries seemed to really begin taking a toll on his athleticism. Over the years his level of play began to decline and it now seems as if he is never going to become the player that he appeared he could be.

He doesn't suck and he would certainly be a better option than anything the Bills have at the nickle and may even push McGee for the #2 spot. But htere are still some faults to his game. He takes more penalties than he should because he's a physical hands-on corner (and in the NFL's current climate, this could be a problem), the injuries that have sapped some of his physical abilities make him susceptible to the occasional deep ball as his recovery speed is not what it once was and while he can still play the bigger receivers he seems to have problems with the smaller quicker receivers (which NE and NYJ seemed to be loaded with).

I think he's still a good player and would like to have him in a Bills uni, but only at a reasonable salary. Given that he's a former Rnd1-2 draft pick who was making nearly 4mil/year last season and still has some good skills, there may be other teams who are more desperate for DB's that are willing to give him more than the Bills should.

Cya

253763[/snapback]

Before his injury, Scott was one of the best defensive players the Steelers had. Ever since, he's been a shell of his former self. Maybe as a nickel/dime back, he'd be okay, but not as a starter.

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch a steelers game so I dont know anything about the guy.

Scott

Could he be a Nickel and maybe push McGee for the 2 spot?

I also really don't know anything about the injury, but if it was something that he was able to play on at the end of last year, he may be back to 100% by the start of this season, but agian, I'm clueless on his talent level.

253559[/snapback]

We need to build our secondary now through the draft not sign aging vets. We have 2 of those already. They can still play but it's better to accumulate your personnel w/o having to dole out big $$$$

Could he play FS?

254399[/snapback]

He's bigger than Vincent.

If you take a rational look at Scott, he's head and shoulders above Thomas, and as Simon points out he should give McGee a run for the money. Obviously, he can also be plugged in to FS putting TV back at CB. Either way, our secondary is strengthened.

Since he's deemed a question mark, I don't think he'll be battling Law for the prime FA dollars, and would be an astute signing by TD