Playoffs???

BoBills20

Could use some advice in 2 leagues:

1. .5 PPR 12 team

QB: Jameis (NO) or Luck(HOU) - Considering Jameis but don't want to over think it

RB/Flex are Bell, Gordon, Zeke

2 WR: Benjamin (SD), Cooks (@TB), Sammy (PIT)

TE: L. Green (@ You know who), Delanie Walker (DEN)

2. PPR 10 team

RB: Gordon is a lock. Choose 1, or 2 if one should be flex: J Howard (@DET), T Riddick (CHI), Ingram (@TB), Rawls (@GB)

WR: Julio a lock. Choose 1, 2 if flex (though I normally put a RB there): Tyrell Williams (@CAR), Sammy, D Moncrief (HOU)

Thanks for the help, best of luck to all

I think starting Winston would be fine; I prefer him a bit to Luck, even though most pundits rank Luck higher this week. NO has been abysmal against the pass and I think Mike Evans is going to have a career day.

WR: Play Cooks. Watkins or Benjamin is about the same. Either could hit 100 yards, or end up with 3 catches for 35 yards. I think the tie-breaker here is how you feel about starting Bills.

TE: See above. How do you feel about starting a TE playing against the Bills? I would start Walker. Even against the Broncos he will get his shots. He has been a big part of the TEN offense. Green needs another week or performing for me to trust him over Walker.

---------------

RB: Howard, Rawls, then Ingram. Not Riddick

WR: Williams. This kid is going to be a star in the league in a year or two. I like Moncrief over Sammy this week, but would sit him in favor of Rawls

My team has been tanking lately. Need some help on my lineup, these damn players are alternating 20 point games with 3 point games (I'm looking at you Davante Adams)

Really struggling with who to play at the WR and TE positions. My team has been awful lately, so I went for the matchups this week.

What would you change:

Rm4jKf8.png

My team has been tanking lately. Need some help on my lineup, these damn players are alternating 20 point games with 3 point games (I'm looking at you Davante Adams)

Really struggling with who to play at the WR and TE positions. My team has been awful lately, so I went for the matchups this week.

What would you change:

Either TE is a good play.

I would play Adams over Benjamin. Until Cam and Benjamin get on the same page, they can't be trusted. I am sitting him. He has looked dispirited the last few times I have seen him. I don't know if the problem is that he is hurt, frustrated w Cam, demoralized about the team's records, or what, but he looks like he is just going through the motions.

Playoffs this week? Mine start next week.

Either TE is a good play.

I would play Adams over Benjamin. Until Cam and Benjamin get on the same page, they can't be trusted. I am sitting him. He has looked dispirited the last few times I have seen him. I don't know if the problem is that he is hurt, frustrated w Cam, demoralized about the team's records, or what, but he looks like he is just going through the motions.

Playoffs this week? Mine start next week.

Yep, we do 3 week playoffs ending in week 16. We don't like Week 17 when potential star players might be rested.

Good advice once again, unfortunately I went with Benjamin cause I didn't see it until now. I think all is well though, so long as Gostkowski doesn't score 28 points (5 points for 50+ yarders, and it would be my luck for it to happen haha)

What is your opinion on Landry now that Tannehill is out? Start Adams/Williams/Eifert/Walker next week and leave him and Matt Moore out of ruining my week?

I don't know what is going on with Miami. Matt Moore is an unknown quantity, and who knows how it will effect Landry. The Jets have been horrible, and I could see the game plan be to feed Ajayi a ton and throw in some short passes (Landry) and screens to mix it up. I would equally believe 3 catches for 28 yards and 7 catches for 120 versus the Jets.

I am strongly considering dropping Kelvin Benjamin for Dontrelle Inmann (SD; playing Oakland at home, then Cleveland on the road) or Marquise Lee (Jags; not a great matchup against Houston on the road, but then a very good matchup against Tenessee at home next week).

I don't know what is going on with Miami. Matt Moore is an unknown quantity, and who knows how it will effect Landry. The Jets have been horrible, and I could see the game plan be to feed Ajayi a ton and throw in some short passes (Landry) and screens to mix it up. I would equally believe 3 catches for 28 yards and 7 catches for 120 versus the Jets.

I am strongly considering dropping Kelvin Benjamin for Dontrelle Inmann (SD; playing Oakland at home, then Cleveland on the road) or Marquise Lee (Jags; not a great matchup against Houston on the road, but then a very good matchup against Tenessee at home next week).

Haha, I actually did precisely that. I have just dropped Benjamin for Inman in this mornings waiver wire.

I did it to block my next opponent though. My opponent dropped Benjamin two weeks ago and I picked Benjamin up. This week his WR Moncreif got injured and I figured he was looking for another WR so I swapped Inman for Benjamin just in case. I think I still play Tyrell Williams over Inman though right?

As for Landry, I could see that as well. I'm leaning on benching him.

What are your thoughts on Delanie Walker against a decent KC Defense that has some pass defense holes but is strong against TE's? Delanie Walker to me is more WR than TE at this point, and I think he could exploit the KC defense. Scary looking at the stats for TE's against KC though.

Good luck to everyone who made their playoffs! First year in my main league that I'm out and it blows.

Hey Thanks. I finished 12-2, my strongest season yet. One more win and I am in the money.

Haha, I actually did precisely that. I have just dropped Benjamin for Inman in this mornings waiver wire.

I did it to block my next opponent though. My opponent dropped Benjamin two weeks ago and I picked Benjamin up. This week his WR Moncreif got injured and I figured he was looking for another WR so I swapped Inman for Benjamin just in case. I think I still play Tyrell Williams over Inman though right?

As for Landry, I could see that as well. I'm leaning on benching him.

What are your thoughts on Delanie Walker against a decent KC Defense that has some pass defense holes but is strong against TE's? Delanie Walker to me is more WR than TE at this point, and I think he could exploit the KC defense. Scary looking at the stats for TE's against KC though.

I got Inman for Benjamin in this morning's waiver too.

The Chiefs defense has been playing very well since Justin Houston returned, especially when playing at home.

I have Kelce, and am a bit worried about the temperature for that game. It is supposed to be around, or just below 15 degree (with only a light wind). I heard them say on the local news they thought it would be the third coldest Chiefs game (at least at Arrowhead) ever. I'd think that would hit the WRs the hardest. Does that help the TEs? Either way, Walker is a strong play, unless you have another stud TE.

I would appreciate your help thinking through who to start in the playoff. (Yes you, if you are reading this.) My league is .5 PPR

My locks

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: David Johnson, LeSean McCoy

TE: Kelce

K:Gostkowski

I need two WRs and a WR/RB Flex

Frank Gore - @MIN

Sammy Watkins - vs. CLE - I thnik he is one of the stronger plays, but am worried about having too much riding on the Bills after such a flat game last week.

Steve Smith - vs. PHI

Michael Thomas - Very likely returning from a foot injury to play @ARI. Will they put Patrick Peterson on Thomas?

Dontrelle Inman - vs. OAK

Brandon Marshall - vs. Miami

Gilislee

Defense - pick one

Miami @ Jets

Broncos @ NE

I would appreciate your help thinking through who to start in the playoff. (Yes you, if you are reading this.) My league is .5 PPR

My locks

Frank Gore - @MIN

Sammy Watkins - vs. CLE - I thnik he is one of the stronger plays, but am worried about having too much riding on the Bills after such a flat game last week.

Steve Smith - vs. PHI

Michael Thomas - Very likely returning from a foot injury to play @ARI. Will they put Patrick Peterson on Thomas?

Gilislee

Defense - pick one

Miami @ Jets

Broncos @ NE

The weather might play a factor but I would go with Watkins, Smith and Inman. Buffalo and Balt both have the ability and reasons to blow out their opponents. The Chargers/Raiders game should be a shootout. Congrats on the 12-2 record, identical situation to my brother and no surprise a few of the same players! I wouldn't play either of those defenses but I have no idea what's out there. Atlanta just had a huge week and have another nice matchup? Either way I'm sure your pretty confident with this team and just want confirmation that your picks make sense so hopefully that helped.

My locks

Frank Gore - @MIN

Steve Smith - vs. PHI

Gilislee

Defense - pick one

Miami @ Jets

Broncos @ NE

I would go with Sammy, Gore, and Thomas. Matchup doesn't favor Gore but he always seems to be good for 18+ carries and redzone opportunities, so he's gotta be in your lineup on sheer volume alone. I would go with Sammy because of the matchup and the feeling that they're going to tell Tyrod to let it loose to see if he can actually pass, I generally hate starting 2 players' on the same team but anything goes against the Browns. Thomas is frankly just better than Marshall or Inman, and feel he will get targets as the Saints try to get their offense back on track.

D - Phins.

Now I have questions of my own.

QB - Carr @SD or Ben @CIN?

RB - Howard and Gurley are locks (Presuming Gordon doesnt play), also have D Booker but he hasn't done anything

WR/Flex (3): Cooper @SD, Hilton @MIN, Michael Thomas @ARI, Sammy CLE, Rishard Matthews @KC

TE - Graham is presumptive lock but also have Ertz

D - Ravens PHI, Texans JAX

.5 PPR

I would go with Sammy, Gore, and Thomas. Matchup doesn't favor Gore but he always seems to be good for 18+ carries and redzone opportunities, so he's gotta be in your lineup on sheer volume alone. I would go with Sammy because of the matchup and the feeling that they're going to tell Tyrod to let it loose to see if he can actually pass, I generally hate starting 2 players' on the same team but anything goes against the Browns. Thomas is frankly just better than Marshall or Inman, and feel he will get targets as the Saints try to get their offense back on track.

D - Phins.

Thanks. Gore is my hardest choice. I have gone with him all year and he has rewarded me. He is the best #3 RB I ever remember having on my FF team. And yet, MIN really has been tough on RBs. I might need to look at the injuries on each team to see if that points one way or another.

M Thomas is my best WR, but i need to see he is really healthy before I give him a spot. Also, how do I find out if Peterson will be on him all day? :) That is likely a deal-breaker with my other options.

Edited by Matt in KC

Now I have questions of my own.

QB - Carr @SD or Ben @CIN?

RB - Howard and Gurley are locks (Presuming Gordon doesnt play), also have D Booker but he hasn't done anything

WR/Flex (3): Cooper @SD, Hilton @MIN, Michael Thomas @ARI, Sammy CLE, Rishard Matthews @KC

TE - Graham is presumptive lock but also have Ertz

D - Ravens PHI, Texans JAX

.5 PPR

QB: I would start Carr playing in beautiful 63 degree San Diego, with low/no wind, over Ben in a 20 degree Cincinnati with a chance of precip. BRoth has only thrown for 300 yards on the road once this year, week 1 when he threw exactly 300 against Washington.

TE = Graham

D = Texans - - I tried and failed to land them on the waiver this week. I think the Bills and Seahawks are the only better defenses this week.

WR/Flex: I like Cooper, Hilton, Watkins, in that order. I would watch the weather in Buffalo though. 20 mph winds have me worried about Watkins. I have very little faith in Tyrod throwing downfield in wind.

M Thomas has been solid, but I am a bit concerned about his foot, and Patrick Peterson. Do you think Peterson lines up against Cooks or Thomas? If Cooks, Thomas could be a really good play. The Arizona secondary is banged up, so that is a factor as well.

Edited by Matt in KC

My locks

Frank Gore - @MIN

Steve Smith - vs. PHI

Gilislee

Defense - pick one

Miami @ Jets

Broncos @ NE

I'd play Thomas if he is actually playing. I like Watkins as well, but you might consider Inman over him against a weak Oakland defense. Then maybe Watkins for the flex. But like you said, Gore has been great, he is a machine that has erased all doubt for me, but I know the doubt creeping in against Minnesota. I think I would be deciding between those four though, so long as they are all playing.

I want to pick up Miami's D against the Jets. I have Arizona's D. The way Brees has been playing do you think that's a good idea? I would pull the trigger right on it right now if it weren't for Tannehill being out. That scares me that the Jets will get turnover points.

Edited by What a Tuel

I want to pick up Miami's D against the Jets. I have Arizona's D. The way Brees has been playing do you think that's a good idea? I would pull the trigger right on it right now if it weren't for Tannehill being out. That scares me that the Jets will get turnover points.

Yes, I would pick up Miami's defense. Don't worry about Matt Moore filling in for Tannehill! :)

So I got screwed by my playoff format and had to play a 2 week matchup for the championship, and of course I won't be able to start Lev Bell or Zeke because their teams aren't playing for anything, so I have to improvise:

QB: Luck (JAX) or Jameis (@CAR), Bucs need to win to have a chance so Jameis will play the whole game, not sure if I should worry about them benching Luck

RB: No Zeke or Bell, and hoping Melvin Gordon will play but I doubt that too. McFadden (@PHI), Fitz Touissant (CLE), Jacquizz Rodgers (CAR), K Dixon (@CIN), D Booker (@OAK). Need to start 2

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.