The holes on this team are clear

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling... after years of searching, the Bills have found an "Andy Dalton" caliber quarterback. My meaning is that you can win with him... and even make the playoffs.. as long a the team is sufficiently strong elsewhere (and doesn't get hit too badly by injuries).

Most of the other positions that people are complaining about this year have replacement players in them... and some of them are just not very good.

As far as the quarterback goes... Taylor is the best that we've had fin a long time... and he seems to be a decent leader as well. Meanwhile, I guess that there's no harm if the search continues for a "Drew Brees" caliber (or better) pivot that is capable of taking the team to another level. I just wouldn't be flushing Tyrod Taylor until we find one of those... that's all.

QB is so polarizing on this team and everyone knows my thoughts here

The major needs

Safety....we literally do not have any starting safeties on this team at this point......we need a safety that can do everything...ballhawlk....knock the stuffing out of pass catcher's so they get alligator arms, and be instinctive enough to control the communication on the field (as soon as Williams sent down....the communication went to crap...notice that?)

WR...for some oddball reason Hunter/TT have been a TD catching duo which is great...but Hunter doesnt get worked in other areas of the field which leads me to believe he doesnt run great routes. We need a big physical fast good hands catcher WR that can win contested balls from a QB that is reluctant to throw the ball up and let his receiver make a play on it like other qbs in the league do (and get lauded for it when THEIR playmaker actually gets it or gets a PI out of it)

I really do not know what is going on with Jordan Mills...he started the season solid (not great) and now appears to be getting worse every week.....still feel that you find these guys in the middle rounds (I was high on a OT named Haag in this past draft and he appears to be doing just fine)

RT and WR should have been a priority last offseason.

Man, this is so true!

I gotta wonder how many years will it take Whaley to find a quality talent at RT. Just going by how long it took to replace Andy Levitre and when it did eventually happen 3 years later it was more Rex Ryan vouching for Incognito. I gotta think if it were up to just Doug Whaley it would have never happened.

That was the 2-8 Jacksonville Jags that was dominating the Bills offensive line and if not for shady doing his Barry Sanders impression that Bills offense does nothing all game. Five sacks on Tyrod Taylor and if not for his unbelievable elusiveness it would have been a total debacle due to poor blocking. The Ravens and Dolphins games looked similar and the line needs more than just a RT.

A competent top WR besides Woods and Watkins should have been a top priority considering they let Chris Hogan leave for the Patriots.

In regards to so many wanting a better pocket QB, the FO needs to find a Brady clone or another QB who can find his target and get the ball out in under 2 seconds before he is killed attempting to throw. Sure Tyrod holds the ball far too long at times waiting for his receivers to break open but he also doesn't throw many INTs.

And a Saftey or two...along with a CB or two.