Targeting foul in college

I think it might be worth it to at least investigate using something similar in the NFL. The ejection and being subject to future discipline might deter the behavior.

The big addition this year is basically you can't target someone's head and still get the ball on a turnover. That's automatically reviewed as all turnovers are, and if they determine it was illegal the play no longer stands, ejection.

It's a very subjective play, but seeing it on replays at least helps point towards more accuracy.

I think it might be worth it to at least investigate using something similar in the NFL. The ejection and being subject to future discipline might deter the behavior.

The big addition this year is basically you can't target someone's head and still get the ball on a turnover. That's automatically reviewed as all turnovers are, and if they determine it was illegal the play no longer stands, ejection.

It's a very subjective play, but seeing it on replays at least helps point towards more accuracy.

I'd like to see it in the NFL.

Horrible idea. The game is slow enough as it is. Having Walt Coleman determine one player was more mean than another is silly. Maybe, we can try subjective positives vibes. Maybe a sticker for a helmet when a player helps another up? Warm fuzzies everyone!

A targeting call in the NFL doesn't work. There are penalties in place as is... they need to enforce those penalties plain and simple.

Horrible idea. The game is slow enough as it is. Having Walt Coleman determine one player was more mean than another is silly. Maybe, we can try subjective positives vibes. Maybe a sticker for a helmet when a player helps another up? Warm fuzzies everyone!

A targeting call in the NFL doesn't work. There are penalties in place as is... they need to enforce those penalties plain and simple.

It doesn't work in college either.

It doesn't work in college either.

i love the mouth guard penalty for Ohio state forcing them to take the timeout. Never ever seen that called before and even the radio announcers said they never have.

That time out could have been yuge

Oh really! Don't bother with any evidence or anything.

this is your argument? He stated he believes it doesn't work. So you disagree and want him to give you evidence?

No. He stated his opinion. You can't ask for evidence of his opinion without 1) stating yours 2) evidence supoortut why you refute his premise.

Learn to aegue

this is your argument? He stated he believes it doesn't work. So you disagree and want him to give you evidence?

No. He stated his opinion. You can't ask for evidence of his opinion without 1) stating yours 2) evidence supoortut why you refute his premise.

Learn to aegue

He stated unequivocally that is doesn't work in college. No basis for that comment was stated. I have no argument because the rule has just been implemented and we have no data to substantiate or reason to believe it does or doesn't work. They are trying to reduce concussions. I am interested in useful information, not some uninformed, flippant opinion.

Why are such an insulting prick anyway? No -don't bother I have you blocked for a reason anyway.

He stated unequivocally that is doesn't work in college. No basis for that comment was stated. I have no argument because the rule has just been implemented and we have no data to substantiate or reason to believe it does or doesn't work. They are trying to reduce concussions. I am interested in useful information, not some uninformed, flippant opinion.

Why are such an insulting prick anyway? No -don't bother I have you blocked for a reason anyway.

you have me blocked? Thanks. You're going to miss out on learning a lot aboutf football.

And what information do you need? What stats are going to reverse your stance? If we protect the player to much we damage the game. These are adults playing. Let them make their own decisions for one. But most importantly, he stated his opinion and this opinion has you stating your opinion on his opinion and asking for facts

Its like

" The sky is light blue today."

"No, its not blue, its clear."

"Give me facts."

Edited by Boyst62