The form of the destructor: Trump vs the right

This ain't going to be easy for the right either. Today he said he things it's fine for TG people to use whatever bathroom they want.

He's certainly going to be a headline.

Asked if the Trump organization employs any transgender people, Mr. Trump said he truly did not know, but added, “I probably do.” And in response to a follow-up question, he said that if Caitlyn Jenner were to walk into Trump Tower and want to use a bathroom, he would be comfortable with her choosing any bathroom she wanted. “That is correct,” Mr. Trump said.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/21/donald-trump-says-transgender-people-should-use-the-bathroom-they-want/

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

He's beholden to no one, no politician, no donor, none. He can push whatever policy is best, not pay back favors.... He gave th !@#$ you as much to GOP as he did to Democrats during the process.

It's not necessarily a good thing...but assuming he doesn't turn the US into a parking lot in 4 years, he will be something to watch.

You act like Trump's a Republican. We all know he's really a Democrat beneath his outward trappings, sort of along the lines of Nelson Rockefeller. He's a Liberal Republican at best, but has some core beliefs that are better than those held by the current occupant of the White House.

We're coming out of a reign of autocratic rule by fiat. I hope that ends, and the agenda that the Republicans - led by Trump have in mind is more in keeping with my values than the B.O. led Reid & Pelosi gangs that ran roughshod over the country during his first years in the office.

We owe Trump a measure of gratitude because he kept Hillary out of the White House. She will never be President of the United States, and I could not be happier about that single fact. Trump may bring a sh it storm. But we've weathered worse. I'll get my popcorn ready. It should be a hell of a show.

You act like Trump's a Republican. We all know he's really a Democrat beneath his outward trappings, sort of along the lines of Nelson Rockefeller. He's a Liberal Republican at best, but has some core beliefs that are better than those held by the current occupant of the White House.

We're coming out of a reign of autocratic rule by fiat. I hope that ends, and the agenda that the Republicans - led by Trump have in mind is more in keeping with my values than the B.O. led Reid & Pelosi gangs that ran roughshod over the country during his first years in the office.

We owe Trump a measure of gratitude because he kept Hillary out of the White House. She will never be President of the United States, and I could not be happier about that single fact. Trump may bring a sh it storm. But we've weathered worse. I'll get my popcorn ready. It should be a hell of a show.

Fallacy. Trump's core beliefs don't extend beyond "Trump."

• 2 weeks later...

The comments coming out of the NY Times meeting are funny.

Trump:

Not interested in Clinton prosecution.

Open to keeping climate accord. Vociferous denunciation of the alt-right.

NY Times is a "jewel."

The guy who said the above would never have won the presidency, and certainly not the Rep nomination.

Now, I don't believe any of what he said because his opinion reflects the group around him at any moment but it's amusing to watch him.

The comments coming out of the NY Times meeting are funny.

Trump:

Not interested in Clinton prosecution.

Open to keeping climate accord. Vociferous denunciation of the alt-right.

NY Times is a "jewel." u

The guy who said the above would never have won the presidency, and certainly not the Rep nomination.

Now, I don't believe any of what he said because his opinion reflects the group around him at any moment but it's amusing to watch him.

uh, yes he would have. And disirregardless he would have been vilified by the media

You love you some Trump.

He would not have whipped up the people who voted for him with talk of how much he admired the Clintons and didn't want to hurt them. If you think otherwise, your political compass is woefully broken.

i cant stand him but love that he won. I am having a great time pissing idiots off.