Burning Jerseys

Nope, never burned one but also never had such a hatred for a former player that I would want to, and I still own a Lynch and whitner Jersey, and just recently picked up a non knockoff Mario Williams bills Jersey brand new for cheap. (I figure I can get the name replaced, or just wait til the sign another Williams who will have the #94....) I even own a Orton broncos jersey

There was a Washington Deadskin jersey in a bunch of junk when I bought my house (foreclosure). For a number of years on Halloween I'd hang it on as a tackling dummy for kids as part of the decoration. It would move a bit due to wind from threads I ran up to top of trees as part of spiderweb and kids would occasionally hit it with a stick when they saw it move. Following year I dressed up in dummy and when kid went to strike the dummy I got off the stump I was standing on and scared them.

A couple years later I put the jersey and dummy in front yard with a pumpkin as a head and burned it during an evening game. Told by several people it was frightening.

Yup! Well, close ...

On October 25, 2015, after EJ threw what felt like his 48th pick of the game, I calmly took my EJ Chinese bootleg jersey off and proceeded to throw it outside on my patio. It has been there ever since, and I told my Wife that it would stay there until we enter the Playoffs ... pretty amazing how resilient the fabric is, though. It has sat through ALOT of terrible weather.

This is what i describe as " exceptional Fortitude"

Both you and your your wife.

I have never burned anything in effigy.

give it time.

"Burning Jerseys" wasn't that the name of that British campaign when they were chasing Washington in the Rev War?

Umm let me recall those days...

I've helped burn a few bras. Do they count?

No.

Unless they were yours. Then you get bonus points !

just hope they were removed with the proper etiquette and grace we Bills Fans are known for these days near and afar.

Nope, never burned one but also never had such a hatred for a former player that I would want to, and I still own a Lynch and whitner Jersey, and just recently picked up a non knockoff Mario Williams bills Jersey brand new for cheap. (I figure I can get the name replaced, or just wait til the sign another Williams who will have the #94....) I even own a Orton broncos jersey

I have now categorized you. some call it profiling , but i prefer to be polite.

Was visiting a friend in Dallas, wore my new Trent jersey for the opening Monday night game. We lost. Left it behind, never to be seen again.

perfect sacrifice actually.

It was the game after Wilfork caught the TD for the Jags to beat us on the last play. We are sitting by our car after the game having a beer & this guy comes storming down the aisle, talking to himself, mother f*cking everything, Saying "F Ralph Wilson, F this City, F orchard Park, F this team. It was comical. When he gets right in front of us he says to noone in particular, "I am f*cking down with this F*cking team." Rips off his Takeo Spikes jersey & throws it right on the ground in front of us & storms away. We all look at each, my one friend picks it up & says "cool I got a new Spikes Jersey."

Edited by Gordio