Drew Bledsoe signed by Dallas

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | Bledsoe Lands Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:24:37 -0800

ESPNews reports the Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent QB Drew Bledsoe (Bills). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

I thought that free agents couldn't be signed until march 2. How can he be signed by Dallas already?

I thought that free agents couldn't be signed until march 2. How can he be signed by Dallas already?

249231[/snapback]

It's just bad wording. nothing is official yet. Like all week everyone was saying that Bledsoe was released, but at this very minute, and for the next week, Drew Bledsoe is still a Buffalo Bill.

Only thing stopping all of this from happening is father time.

ESPNews reports the Dallas Cowboys have signed free agent QB Drew Bledsoe (Bills). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

249231[/snapback]

Between the original bonus from NE paying hm for this time, and now the Bills bonus amount hyaving been set to pay him for this time, and in addition to that the Cowboys are paying him for this time. Bledsoe must be hurt to get cut, but his wallet provides him with some comfort to cusion the fall.

249231[/snapback]

He was'nt a free agent he was cut.

It's just bad wording. nothing is official yet. Like all week everyone was saying that Bledsoe was released, but at this very minute, and for the next week, Drew Bledsoe is still a Buffalo Bill.

Only thing stopping all of this from happening is father time.

249236[/snapback]

Actually, the cut day is today (22Jan). Free agency starts on the 2nd, but Bledsoe wasn't a free agent, he was cut. He can sign anywhere. It's just like Akili Smith getting signed.

I live in Austin, and for the past 15 years, we get the Dallas and Houston games every stinking week. As an unashamed Bledsoe fan, I will take some solace that at least those Dallas games will be of some interest to me now. Just so the rest of you don't feel left out, Dallas will likely be on natinal television at least 4 times this coming season!

I know Bledsoe had a disappointing (I am being nice) career in Buffalo, but he actually is stepping into a better situation in Dallas, than he did in Buffalo 3 seasons ago. Mainly, because the Dallas coaching staff is much better than the one Gregg Williams had at that time. If they upgrade their O-line (and I believe they have a lot of salary cap room), they have a very promising running back, and a pretty decent stable of receivers, and one of the top pass cathcing TE's in the leauge. A lot hinges on the O-line, but I think Bledsoe has a chance to be somewhat successful in Dallas. Super Bowl? No! Playoffs? Maybe! The NFC is wretched. I still think Parcells is a damn fine coach...all this being said, I think JJ is right to be concerned about the tunas' unwillingness to develop Henson.

Wouldn't be ironic if the Cowboys used their (our!) 20th pick in the draft, to get their "qb of the future"?