Who are your 75?

Three preseason game in the books and the Bills need to cut down to 75 by August 30th at 4pm. Who survives? Remember players on PuP or IR don't count.

-edited to include 2 Active/PuP players and 1 Active/NFI player who count against the 75 man limit

QB (3)

Tyrod Taylor

EJ Manuel

Cardale Jones

RB (6) Injuries influenced this a ton

LeSean McCoy

Reggie Bush

Mike Gillislee

Jonathan Williams

Boom Herron

James Wilder Jr.

FB (2)

Robert Felton

Glenn Gronkowski

WR (8)

Sammy Watkins

Robert Woods

Marquise Goodwin

Greg Salas

Walter Powell

Jarrett Boykin

Greg Little

Marcus Easley Active/PuP

Kolby Listenbee Active/NFI

TE (5)

Charles Clay

Jim Dray

Nick O'Leary

Blake Annen

Jimmay Mundine

Chris Gragg - I'm anticipating waived/injured with a settlement

OT (6)

Cordy Glenn

Jordan Mills

Seantrel Henderson

Marquis Lucas

Cyrus Kouandjio

Chris Martin

OG (5)

Richie Incongnito

John Miller

Ryan Groy

Jamison Lalk

Cyril Richardson

C (3)

Eric Wood

Fernando Velasco

Robert Kugler

K (1)

Dan Carpenter

P (1)

Colton Schmidt

LS - (1)

Garrison Sanborn

DL (10)

Leger Douzable

Jerry Hughes

Lavar Edwards

Marcell Dareus

Kyle Williams

Casey Walker

Adolphus Washington

Jerel Worthy

Brandon Deaderick

Shaq Lawson Active/PuP

LB (10)

Lorenzo Alexander

Preston Brown

Zach Brown

Manny Lawson

Brandon Spikes

Bryson Albright

Kroy Biermann

Randell Johnson

David Hawthorne

CB (7)

Stephon Gilmore

Ronald Darby

Nickell Robey-Coleman

Kevan Seymour

Corey White

Sterling Moore

Mario Butler

S (6)

Aaron Williams

Duke Williams

Robert Blanton

Johnathan Meeks

Corey Graham

Colt Anderson

RESERVE/INJURED

Reggie Ragland

IK Enemkpali

Edited by That's No Moon

Ragland is not coming back this year. Even though it was a partial tear, surgery requires complete removal and reattaching. It's the equivalent of a full tear, which requires 9 months to recover.

I thought that in order to put a player on IR during the preseason they had to clear waivers - whether we want to try to bring him back or not. IK was waived prior to going onto IR with us for example. Certainly we wouldn't try to pass Ragland through waivers so I think he has to be on the final 53 if only for 5 minutes.

edit: I was partially correct. Up until the first cut date players with less than 4 years of service time have to clear waivers to go on IR. As of the first cut date those players can be placed directly onto IR so that's what will happen with Ragland (and possibly Gragg if they want to re-sign him next year) on Tuesday.

Edited by That's No Moon

I thought that in order to put a player on IR during the preseason they had to clear waivers - whether we want to try to bring him back or not. IK was waived prior to going onto IR with us for example. Certainly we wouldn't try to pass Ragland through waivers so I think he has to be on the final 53 if only for 5 minutes.

That's not the case. They can IR him for the season and then he is done. They can also IR him for the season and even bring him back later in the season (teams are allowed to do that with one player after six games. They used to have to decide right away which guy they hoped would come back, but this year they don't have to decide right away).

Players that are IR'd waived injured are done so for various reasons. Sometimes it's because they may be healthy by week 10 or so but you can't keep him on your roster (because you don't want to) and he's not important enough to want to keep for the next year, or you don't want to keep the player out for the whole season if he is healthy enough to play the last half (he can play for other teams just not yours).

Ragland will be put on IR. There is no chance the Bills subject him to waivers or can lose him. He's probably gone for the year but it's possible he could be the one guy that they take off IR late in the season. It's just highly unlikely.

That's not the case. They can IR him for the season and then he is done. They can also IR him for the season and even bring him back later in the season (teams are allowed to do that with one player after six games. They used to have to decide right away which guy they hoped would come back, but this year they don't have to decide right away).

Players that are IR'd waived injured are done so for various reasons. Sometimes it's because they may be healthy by week 10 or so but you can't keep him on your roster (because you don't want to) and he's not important enough to want to keep for the next year, or you don't want to keep the player out for the whole season if he is healthy enough to play the last half (he can play for other teams just not yours).

Ragland will be put on IR. There is no chance the Bills subject him to waivers or can lose him. He's probably gone for the year but it's possible he could be the one guy that they take off IR late in the season. It's just highly unlikely.

Yeah, I just edited that post. see above.

I think they hold onto Gragg past the cut to 53 then slip him to IR. Dowling likely waived/injured and then to IR like Enemkpali, I think he was a solid PS candidate before last night.

Due to depth/injuries I don't think we see any cuts at RB or TE this time, they'll let the camp bodies play vs. Detroit to preserve guys like Clay, McCoy, Bush, J. Williams, etc.

I think the guys at the bottom of the totem pole at CB and OL are your best bets to go, as well as the extra long snapper.

Cuts: Kugler, Lalk, Walker or Ta'amu, Ferguson, Seamster/Butler, Colter,Lewis Lucas, Martin or Renfrow (pick 2)