Protesters get beat

Just Jack

Haven't seen this mentioned here.....

Kyoto protest beaten back by inflamed petrol traders

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.

complete article at the link above

:w00t:

Good.

It's hard to imagine a less receptive place to stage a protest than aganst a bunch of folks who spend their days battling amongst themselves in a general atmosphere of insanity, in an arena that is akin to a circus and where high conflict is the order of the day. And then go after that crowd while they enjoy their short respite.

Those protesters learned a lesson (maybe) about picking your shots... ;)

:w00t:;);):D:P

Outstanding. Nice to see these scumbags get what's coming to them.

I love how they plan an unannounced attack on the IPE and then after they get their asses kicked whine about people not being open to "other points of view". If you are worried about having your POV heard, write a letter to the editor.

Greenpeace :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I have some friends who trade commodities here in NYC on a few different exchanges and I can tell you that if loons like this made it to the floor of any of them, they would get their asses handed to them as well.

Think about it....is there any WORSE group of people you want to take on than a bunch of men already physically worked up from the rigors of trading high-value commodites live and have a limited amount of time to do it? These traders dont even tolerate someone asking them "Whats for lunch?" from someone they dont know, let alone some leftist envio-whacko trying to stop them from trading $400,000 worth of oil, or even cotton or coffee futures.