Beer (Updated: Buffalo #2 Beer City)

Beerball

Doesn't surprise me. I was stunned to see the rows of beer there in Rochester at Wegmans. Buffalo has a bigger population and there's probably even more rows there.

Oddly...I even have a brewery here near me in Granbury Texas. Less than 5 miles away..The Revolver...see it up there give it a try...Mr CGF likes their Blood and Honey.

My buddy moved to the Dallas/Ft Worth area in September. He is home visiting now, and he told me that beer, wine, and liquor are really expensive where they live, comparatively. What's up with Texas, CGF?

Not sure. I use Spec's here. THAT vanilla vodka that I buy ranges from $10.00 for the large size to perhaps as much as $50.00. I like to be economical and usually spend $15.00. I do watch for sales on the other brands. I'm not too picky about wine. I am fortunate to be able to buy it at my local grocery store Kroger for $15.00. We like the brand St Genevieve.There's lots of choices.. Merlot..Blush.. Chardonnay etc. As far as beer is concern Mr CGF buys what's on sale but when I shop I get the big pack ( 32 I think)of Keystone Light from the Kroger too. Occasionally I'll splurge and get a six pack of The Revolver.

This is a good topic to compare booze costs. I don't drink any more but a six pack of my go to IPA (Lagunitas) usually ran about $9.99. My wife is a rummy and drinks you basic stuff (Bacardi) and I think it's around $15 for a 750ml. I may be wrong on that. We don't buy it too often and I don't pay attention to the prices.

This is a good topic to compare booze costs. I don't drink any more but a six pack of my go to IPA (Lagunitas) usually ran about $9.99. My wife is a rummy and drinks you basic stuff (Bacardi) and I think it's around $15 for a 750ml. I may be wrong on that. We don't buy it too often and I don't pay attention to the prices.

Lagunitas is a little more expensive here in VT. I love it, but only drink it occasionally. Six pack runs $12+. I can get other local IPA's that are cheaper and quite solid.

I wish Fiddlehead IPA was more accessible outside of VT. If I ever make the opener, I will definitely bring a case.

A 750ml of Bacardi here is 19.99. I was just at the liquor store and bought a bottle.