Euro 2016...just sayin'

Cugalabanza

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your memory is a little off. De Rossi got a red card for elbowing someone and was banned up to the final where he came in in the second half and converted a PK.

Also, USA only managed to score because Zaccardo scored in his own net. He literally did not play one more minute of that tournament and the guy who replaced him was the guy who drew the PK against Australia, scored the winning goal against Germany and scored the winning PK against France in the shootout :lol:

So basically, USA was the only team who managed to score on Italy in regular play and that lead to the chain of events that allowed Italy to win the WC. Thanks :P

I remember it right. I remember De Rossi elbowing Brian McBride and making a bloody mess. USA got two red cards in the game. One in the first half and another in the first couple minutes of the second half. So, it was 10 vs 9 for pretty much all of the second half. USA was crap for all the rest of the tournament, but they were equal to or better than Italy on that particular day.

I remember it right. I remember De Rossi elbowing Brian McBride and making a bloody mess. USA got two red cards in the game. One in the first half and another in the first couple minutes of the second half. So, it was 10 vs 9 for pretty much all of the second half. USA was crap for all the rest of the tournament, but they were equal to or better than Italy on that particular day.

You're right, my bad.

You're right, my bad.

Well, Italy was not at their best in that game. But they definitely did that thing which a major tournament requires: they improved as they went along and they peaked at the right time. And the U.S., even though I think they finished dead last in the whole tournament, got the bragging rights to say they were the only team to take a point from the World Champs. :lol:

Well, Italy was not at their best in that game. But they definitely did that thing which a major tournament requires: they improved as they went along and they peaked at the right time. And the U.S., even though I think they finished dead last in the whole tournament, got the bragging rights to say they were the only team to take a point from the World Champs. :lol:

:lol:

That 2006 World Cup is the only thing we get from a golden generation. Sad really. 1 World Cup and 2 euro cup final losses, that's all we got :(

Hey man, I'm a fan of the Bills, Sabres and USMNT. I'd take that deal in a second.

As you might have guessed, I'm an AS Roma, Italy and Bills fan so victories come far and few for me as well but my expectations are very high when it comes to the Italian national team.