Topic of the day for Friday 6/10

Maybe. But unless Shaq Lawson cost zero 1sts (in which case, way to go Whales), Swatkins definitely cost 2.

What do you mean maybe? You made the statement, I'm just repeating it. Remind me how many seasons Chan had, then get back to me on how 1 (pick swapped) + 1 (pick given) - 1 (pick received)= 2

What do you mean maybe? You made the statement, I'm just repeating it. Remind me how many seasons Chan had, then get back to me on how 1 (pick swapped) + 1 (pick given) - 1 (pick received)= 2

I actually don't know what statement you're referring to..

1 pick swapped (and subsequently used) + 1 pick traded to swap picks ='s 2.

You're counting the swapped pick twice.

Edited by FireChan

1 pick swapped (and subsequently used) + 1 pick traded to swap picks ='s 2.

You're counting the swapped pick twice.

A swap has zero value correct? 1 for 1 correct? (and don't mention draft position because that's not what this thread is about)

The difference with the Sammy deal is that this particular draft class had a large number of high quality wideouts and the Bills most certainly could have had one of them staying where they were and not giving up the extra #1. This is not a knock on Watkins as I think he is a legit #1 wideout, but so far he has not shown he is the best in his draft class (that is not saying that by the end of his career he won't be, just sayinghe is not now). Sure, he was injured (multiple times) and his QBs were not very good, but that all factors into the deal.

What's done is done and it's not worth complaining about, but so far the Bills would have been better off without the trade.

No they aren't, they would have taken Ebron who sucks.

And you know within two years if a coach can have success with a team or not?

5 years.

In case it hasn't been pointed out to you it's time to change your screen name.

A swap has zero value correct? 1 for 1 correct? (and don't mention draft position because that's not what this thread is about)

1 for 1+1. So 2.

The language is very important. We gave up an EXTRA 1st for Sammy. But two total. Because all regular first round draftees cost a single 1st.

5 years including the last 4 of their previous tenure my sphere.

Edited by FireChan

1 for 1+1. So 2.

The language is very important. We gave up an EXTRA 1st for Sammy. But two total. Because all regular first round draftees cost a single 1st.

You'll continue to be wrong on the pick, but, that's ok; everybody is wrong some time.

I have no idea what 5 years you're talking about. I'm talking about Gailey who was Bills coach for 3 seasons.

You'll continue to be wrong on the pick, but, that's ok; everybody is wrong some time.

I have no idea what 5 years you're talking about. I'm talking about Gailey who was Bills coach for 3 seasons.

All regular first round choices cost 1 first round pick, right? So how can Sammy have only cost 1? The pick we swapped was eventually USED on him, to select him, to get him, etc etc.