Cops can get ticketed.

http://ktla.com/2016/05/19/florida-police-officer-ticketed-after-running-red-light-slamming-into-motorists-vehicle-during-high-speed-pursuit-highway-patrol/

A Florida police officer was ticketed after slamming into a passing motorist’s car during a high-speed pursuit, leaving both the driver and the officer injured, authorities said.
Yahaira Castro Montalvo, 26, plans to file a lawsuit in connection with the violent collision, which left her with two broken arms.

i find this bologna. whats the chances the woman was even paying attention? i am not a fan of high speed pursuits - i'd rather just put a 50cal on a police helicopter. but i'd have my bets that, like all too often seen on the road - people ignore the lights and sirens.

Lights and sirens don't give police carte blanche authority to blow through red lights. Florida law requires that police use due care in these instances. Most agencies have policies that are even more restrictive. My particular agency requires us to come to a full and complete stop at red lights and stops signs when we have lights and sirens activated. Makes it harder to catch the bad guys, but makes pursuits a little bit safer for all involved.

Lights and sirens don't give police carte blanche authority to blow through red lights. Florida law requires that police use due care in these instances. Most agencies have policies that are even more restrictive. My particular agency requires us to come to a full and complete stop at red lights and stops signs when we have lights and sirens activated. Makes it harder to catch the bad guys, but makes pursuits a little bit safer for all involved.

Yup. I see ambulances and police vehicles slow down at lights. Most important is safety. My bet is the guy he was chasing had an ounce of pot of some stupid thing and the result is an innocent women with two broken arms

The police officers were chasing a suspect from an earlier robbery in Altamonte Springs (I am actually in Altamonte right now) If they were chancing them that long, there should have been helicopters in the sky. Pine Hills, which they would have had to drive through to get to Ocoee, has at least two in the sky every night. If this is a case where they got a positive I.D. and decided to try and pull him over, the guy was not a threat for hours and again they should have just tailed him with a helicopter. The area where the accident happened is a place where there is constantly red light runners and the officer should proceeded with caution, it is a tough intersection.