Bills Should Go After Joe Thomas

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

With respect to what's acceptable and expected behavior here, IMO there's a big difference between calling out a post and a poster. IOW, "You're stupid!" is unacceptable as its a personal attack. "This post is stupid!" is different (although I probably wouldn't use the word "stupid"). If you post here, sooner or later you are going to have a post ripped apart by someone else. I've had occasions where I've realized, after thinking about what was written, that those ripping my posts were right and I was wrong. I admitted I was wrong and moved on. I've had more occasions where I got ripped, thought about what was said to me, defended my posts and told those ripping my posts that they were wrong. And I told them why they were wrong. Around here some thick skin doesn't hurt either.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to what's acceptable and expected behavior here, IMO there's a big difference between calling out a post and a poster. IOW, "You're stupid!" is unacceptable as its a personal attack. "This post is stupid!" is different (although I probably wouldn't use the word "stupid"). If you post here, sooner or later you are going to have a post ripped apart by someone else. I've had occasions where I've realized, after thinking about what was written, that those ripping my posts were right and I was wrong. I admitted I was wrong and moved on. I've had more occasions where I got ripped, thought about what was said to me, defended my posts and told those ripping my posts that they were wrong. And I told them why they were wrong. Around here some thick skin doesn't hurt either.

Good post that outlines the difference between a critique of someone personally and critiquing ideas presented in posts. :thumbsup:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz