The Jets are trying the experiment

Geno

That's the problem with spread QBs, just like the one we just drafted

First - Geno doesn't have the potential to be anything other than out of the league. The guy doesn't have it between the ears.

Cardale is many things (and I don't love the pick or love his chances) but a spread quarterback he is not. Ohio State run a spread system but Jones wasn't really a fit for that hence the benching. His skill set is actually much more conventional drop back passer.

First - Geno doesn't have the potential to be anything other than out of the league. The guy doesn't have it between the ears.

Cardale is many things (and I don't love the pick or love his chances) but a spread quarterback he is not. Ohio State run a spread system but Jones wasn't really a fit for that hence the benching. His skill set is actually much more conventional drop back passer.

just because he has NFL talent doesn't mean he didn't play in a spread and therefore is way behind in knowing how to make progressions and read NFL defenses.

The Cheaters have been doing the same thing since they got lucky with Brady. Their only success was 7th rounder Cassel, who they got a 2nd for from their former GM Scott Pioli when he went to KC, but since then nada. Mallett was a 3rd rounder who was traded for a 7th, Garropppollloo will likely get them nothing when he leaves after his rookie contract, and they just drafted Brissett in the 3rd round.

One worked, one didn't, and no one knows for the next two.

What a failure!

just because he has NFL talent doesn't mean he didn't play in a spread and therefore is way behind in knowing how to make progressions and read NFL defenses.

You didn't say he played in the spread you said he was a spread Quarterback. He isn't. He is a drop back passer who was like a square peg in a round wholw trying to run the Meyer scheme.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Cardale Jones with. Being a spread quarterback is not one of them.

One worked, one didn't, and no one knows for the next two.

What a failure!

Cassel and Mallett essentially cancel each other out. And the next two are wasted picks until proven otherwise. Is that success? Edited by Doc

You didn't say he played in the spread you said he was a spread Quarterback. He isn't. He is a drop back passer who was like a square peg in a round wholw trying to run the Meyer scheme.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Cardale Jones with. Being a spread quarterback is not one of them.

he's still trained as a Spread QB, so no matter how you slice it that is all he knows and will be lucky if he becomes a quality QB

he's still trained as a Spread QB, so no matter how you slice it that is all he knows and will be lucky if he becomes a quality QB

I don't believe that is all he knows because in the 2014 National Championship run when he was allowed to run something more akin to pro-style offense he ran it effectively. It was the spread that he couldn't run.

I agree he will be lucky if he turns into a quality QB. But it won't be because they have to coach the spread out if him. Despite 3 years of trying Urban Meyer couldn't coach the spread into him....

I suppose I could have worded it another way. But if he doesn't develop, yes he is.

Okay Doc. So how much Garropolo tape have you watched in the last 2 years to know if he's "developed?" Brissett is a wasted pick now or when he proves he doesn't develop?

Contradictions on contradictions.

Edited by FireChan

Okay Doc. So how much Garropolo tape have you watched in the last 2 years to know if he's "developed?" Brissett is a wasted pick now or when he proves he doesn't develop?

Contradictions on contradictions.

Yes. Hence the "until proven otherwise."

As for Garrroppooollloo, the fact that they used a day 2 pick on Brissett doesn't exactly sound good for him. And Brissett has yet to even play in an NFL game.

As for Cardale, I haven't said a thing about him because he's a nobody until he proves otherwise. Sure he's got potential, like the 2 guys mentioned above, but as Parcells once said "potential means you haven't done anything yet."

Yes. Hence the "until proven otherwise."

As for Garrroppooollloo, the fact that they used a day 2 pick on Brissett doesn't exactly sound good for him. And Brissett has yet to even play in an NFL game.

As for Cardale, I haven't said a thing about him because he's a nobody until he proves otherwise. Sure he's got potential, like the 2 guys mentioned above, but as Parcells once said "potential means you haven't done anything yet."

Well actually, you called them all wasted picks until I referenced a Bills player in the exact same situation, then you started to backtrack with qualifiers.

As for the pick "not sounding good," the Pats need another backup QB, because Brady isn't playing 4 games.

Edited by FireChan

Well actually, you called them all wasted picks until I referenced a Bills player in the exact same situation, then you started to backtrack with qualifiers.

Wrong. Re-read post #46, especially the part where I said "until proven otherwise."

Wrong. Re-read post #46, especially the part where I said "until proven otherwise."

But I just asked "Brissett is a wasted pick now or when he proves he doesn't develop?," which is, well, the opposite.

Shaq Lawson is a wasted pick right now too, if I'm understanding your take correctly. Until proven otherwise, everyone is a bust?

But I just asked "Brissett is a wasted pick now or when he proves he doesn't develop?," which is, well, the opposite.

Shaq Lawson is a wasted pick right now too, if I'm understanding your take correctly. Until proven otherwise, everyone is a bust?

I wouldn't have a problem saying every draft pick is wasted until proven otherwise. Sure it's a more controversial way of saying they're unproven, but if they do bust, they ultimately proved to have been a wasted pick, right?

I wouldn't have a problem saying every draft pick is wasted until proven otherwise. Sure it's a more controversial way of saying they're unproven, but if they do bust, they ultimately proved to have been a wasted pick, right?

I find it an interesting dichotomy myself. Is every pick something until it's proven to be nothing? Or nothing until it's proven to be something? Half full or half empty.

I find it an interesting dichotomy myself. Is every pick something until it's proven to be nothing? Or nothing until it's proven to be something? Half full or half empty.

I've become more "glass half empty" over the years.