(OT) The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World

26CornerBlitz

The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World.  WTF does that mean?  :doh:

Is it me or is that the dumbest ad campaign around?

246260[/snapback]

the 1st time I saw the commercial, that's what I thought. Funny thing is, my 3 year

old always repeats "THE COLDEST TASTING BEER IN THE WORLD" when they show it. It's like she's mocking them too. :)

That's the point.  The colder the better as far as the distributors are concerned.  The idiot consumer (raise your hand, you lush) buys into this crap because they market it with a pair of boobies (guilty as charged).  How many of you drink this swill for the taste?  Show of hands.  I thought so.  You drink to get loaded, by god.  Taste be damned.  I drink because it makes me forget that I'm a god-damned loser.  I'm not proud.  That's just the way it is.  I don't drink Coors, I drink Carling Black Label.  Not 'cause of the taste.  I drink it because I'm not gonna let the Man tell me what to do.  Viva la revolution!

246345[/snapback]

:doh:

So true. I'll drink it specifically NOT to get loaded. If we start drinking at 6:00 and I know we're out for the night, I drink this watered down crap so I am not falling down drunk before 10:00. LOL

thats not fair, if you liked the beer before you knew it was coors, then you should still like it. blue moon is a decent beer, and should not be judged alonng side coors light. that is like condemning killian because of thier coors affiliation. i love killians.

ok ok, we get it.  I prefer a nice stout like guiness or murphy's.  any of the english ales do well by me such as boddingtons or the like.  but coors, yuck

hey did you know blue moon in manufactured by Coors.  i used to like blue moon until i found that out.

246346[/snapback]

My favorite ad campaign is from Stone brewery for it's Arrogant Bastard Ale:

"This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory — maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.”

:doh:

oh yeah, i have had the aviator, that is a great beer. a great beer closer to us is rappahanock red, by dominion brewery i believe, awesome beer

If you want a fantastic irish red ale and live in WNY, pick up a Flying Bison Aviator Red. Delicious. You'll forget about Killian's really quick.

http://www.flyingbisonbrewing.com/

246528[/snapback]