Astro's Top Run-Blocking Players in the Draft

Astrobot

Run-Blocking players (most likely drafted by Bills to least, but still notable run blockers)

With Round and Pick drafted in DraftTek Simulator

1. Vadal Alexander LG RT ---RD2#61 --- gets to 2nd level espec well, could be Incognito's heir

2. Graham Glasgow OC ---RD5#141 --- pulls very well, size, strength, anchors, good hand use

3. David Morgan TE ---RD6#193 --- stud run blocker, PFF's best run-blocking Tight Ends in 2 yrs

4. Josh Garnett OG---RD3#73 --- Stanford, power guard, quickness, smashmouth

5. Germain Ifedi RG RT---RD3#90 --- big, experience, long arms, physical, tough, durable

6. Tyler Johnstone OT---RD7/UDFA --- onmove blocks, getting to 2nd level, passpro for Mariota

7. Joe Thuney OG---RD7/UDFA ---all 5 pos, aggressive run block, one of best at Shrine

8. Tyler Boyd WR---RD3#76---Pitt runs a lot, strong blocker

9. Charone Peake WR--- RD5#173---roomed w Sammy Watkins, downfield blocks

10. Caleb Benenoch OT---RD6#195---opened up running lanes for running back Paul Perkins

11. Jerell Adams TE---RD4#115---With Morgan, one of PFF's top run-blocking TEs

12. Ryan Kelly OC--- RD1#18---smart, durable, vocal leader, grit, awareness, str, ath, zero sacks 2 yrs

13. Pearce Slater RT--- RD4#117---jumbo, run-blocker, hands, sustains, all Mountain West

14. John Kling OT--- RD7/UDFA ---Favorite Team=Bills, nickname “Kling Kong”, great feet, wrestler, shotput

15. Alex Lewis RT---RD5#161---blocked for Abdullah, jailed for bar fight

Next Level, Still Good Run-blockers

1. Adam Shead OG---RD7/UDFA ---blocked for Perine, run blocker with size

2. Kyle Murphy OT---RD3#177---Stanford, was RT in 2014, replaced LT Andrus Peat, run blocker

3. Spencer Drango OT---RD4#136---strong runblocker, intense, passpro for Petty

4. Avery Young RT---RD4#104---starting RT, likely OG in NFL, solid run blocker

5. Ryan Malleck TE---RD7#246---inline blocker, competitive, creates movement in the run game

I think Benechoch could be someone they can get late since he's more scheme-specific but I think aligns well with Roman.

Charone Peake is one of my draft crushes. I think he has #1 WR potential.

I saw Boyd on that list, I'm high on him. Haven't heard much about him on TBD. Maybe it's where he is projected more than his skill set.

I think Benechoch could be someone they can get late since he's more scheme-specific but I think aligns well with Roman.

Charone Peake is one of my draft crushes. I think he has #1 WR potential.

Yes to both! Benenoch is a good get with the RD6 Comp pick.

Charone Peake was Sammy's roommate at Clemson, and if he ever catches fire, he'll catch everything.

I saw Boyd on that list, I'm high on him. Haven't heard much about him on TBD. Maybe it's where he is projected more than his skill set.

He's my favorite, and he was slipping down in the DraftTek Simulator, so I grabbed him at RD3#80: http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round3.asp

The Bills scouts have been to Pitt a ton. I think they're high on him. He could also be their KR.

Thanks Bot for the clean look at Blockers ! Very helpful reference for me : )

I see you have Drango as first Bills pick in round 4.

I would be delighted to see a Lineman in the 4th if no trading down occurs.

i think he'd be a fine #2 WR and can't ignore the Pitt connection with Whaley

Boyd has some potential.

---He broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt,

---finished second to Tony Dorsett in all-purpose yards (7,117).

---he's consistent. 85 passes for 1,174 yards with seven touchdowns in 2013. 78 receptions for 1,126 yards and eight touchdowns in 2014. 91 receptions for 926 yards 6 touchdowns in 2015, but added 349 yards rushing.

---15.2 yards per catch against AP-ranked teams is one of the highest in his class.

Scouting Report: http://ngscsports.com/2016/04/12/scouting-report-tyler-boyd-wr-pittsburgh/"

Boyd has some potential.

---He broke Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt,

---finished second to Tony Dorsett in all-purpose yards (7,117).

---he's consistent. 85 passes for 1,174 yards with seven touchdowns in 2013. 78 receptions for 1,126 yards and eight touchdowns in 2014. 91 receptions for 926 yards

6 touchdowns in 2015, but added

349 yards rushing.

---

15.2 yards per catch against AP-ranked teams is one of the highest in his class.

Scouting Report: http://ngscsports.com/2016/04/12/scouting-report-tyler-boyd-wr-pittsburgh/"

Good stuff Astro. If there ever was a phrase "best fit available" Boyd would be near the top of Buffalo's list. He is the best route runner in this draft, has vice grips for hands, can return kicks, has a blocking mentality and an attitude that could push Sammy to the next level. They would compliment each other very well.

Sorry for banging the deck so hard for this kid but this is the classic case of natural football player vs. combine heros...he is going to be a better pro than a lot of these other guys getting projected above him.

Edited by Commonsense

Good stuff Astro. If there ever was a phrase "best fit available" Boyd would be near the top of Buffalo's list. He is the best route runner in this draft, has vice grips for hands, can return kicks, has a blocking mentality and an attitude that could push Sammy to the next level. They would compliment each other very well.

Sorry for banging the deck so hard for this kid but this is the classic case of natural football player vs. combine heros...he is going to be a better pro than a lot of these other guys getting projected above him.

i can see that. He's a very "safe" pick IMO (high floor) Edited by YoloinOhio