Goodenow's Feet

Someone is obviously holding Goodenow's feet to the ice. He should be concerned about his job.

If there is a season, anything can happen, including the Sabres really tearing it up. The four total studs they have in Rochester (Miller, Roy, Vanek, Pominville) should be given every chance to be top shelf Sabres. My big concern is that Lindy Ruff will screw things up, as he is prone to do, and sit these guys, especially the red-hot Miller, because they "have not been regulars in the past and we must be fair to our core players."

Keep 'em crossed.

Someone is obviously holding Goodenow's feet to the ice.  He should be concerned about his job.

If there is a season, anything can happen, including the Sabres really tearing it up.  The four total studs they have in Rochester (Miller, Roy, Vanek, Pominville) should be given every chance to be top shelf Sabres.  My big concern is that Lindy Ruff will screw things up, as he is prone to do, and sit these guys, especially the red-hot Miller, because they "have not been regulars in the past and we must be fair to our core players."

Keep 'em crossed.

245833[/snapback]

I sincerely hope they leave Rochester alone and let these guys have a good shot at the Calder. The fans there deserve that.

I sincerely hope they leave Rochester alone and let these guys have a good shot at the Calder.  The fans there deserve that.

245836[/snapback]

Thank you, man! But this is exactly what we were all afraid of. The Amerks and other AHL fans were thrilled that the NHL got cancelled officially because of one main reason...it keeps the teams the same and lets them compete for the Calder Cup. It would have been very exciting if they could keep all their players. The Amerks have a good shot at getting the cup. But now the call ups will begin and the top players on the Amerks and other AHL teams will flee to the NHL teams for a pointless 24 game season.

I sincerely hope they leave Rochester alone and let these guys have a good shot at the Calder.  The fans there deserve that.

245836[/snapback]

Chris Taylor, Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek are as good as gone. There goes 3 of Rochester's top 4 scorers. Jillson is also a lock to go up to Buffalo. Who knows how the season will play out, but I'd say Bartovic, Janik and Milley may all head up here once or twice as well...and of course there's Ryan Miller.

It looks like the Amerks firepower is going to be greatly diminished within the next few weeks.

Chris Taylor, Derek Roy and Thomas Vanek are as good as gone.  There goes 3 of Rochester's top 4 scorers.  Jillson is also a lock to go up to Buffalo.  Who knows how the season will play out, but I'd say Bartovic, Janik and Milley may all head up here once or twice as well...and of course there's Ryan Miller. 

It looks like the Amerks firepower is going to be greatly diminished within the next few weeks.

245870[/snapback]

Basically, because of this...the Amerks will go from a Calder Cup contender and the team in 1st place...to barely making the playoffs and losing in the first round. :rolleyes:

Someone is obviously holding Goodenow's feet to the ice.  He should be concerned about his job.

If there is a season, anything can happen, including the Sabres really tearing it up.  The four total studs they have in Rochester (Miller, Roy, Vanek, Pominville) should be given every chance to be top shelf Sabres.  My big concern is that Lindy Ruff will screw things up, as he is prone to do, and sit these guys, especially the red-hot Miller, because they "have not been regulars in the past and we must be fair to our core players."

Keep 'em crossed.

245833[/snapback]

Pominville is good offensively but is still not good enough defensively to be an NHL player

Thank you, man!  But this is exactly what we were all afraid of.  The Amerks and other AHL fans were thrilled that the NHL got cancelled officially because of one main reason...it keeps the teams the same and lets them compete for the Calder Cup.  It would have been very exciting if they could keep all their players.  The Amerks have a good shot at getting the cup.  But now the call ups will begin and the top players on the Amerks and other AHL teams will flee to the NHL teams for a pointless 24 game season.

245854[/snapback]

You Amerks fans are being selfish - and yes, I understand, I would feel the same way. They've been playing together successfully and this could really muck it up. But since the other AHL teams will be losing players also, won't it even out? I think if they're all getting gutted at the same time, goaltending would be my biggest concern. Since Buffalo could go with Biron and Noronen, Miller could stay in net, and I wouldn't give up hope yet. But yeah, it still sucks. They've really screwed this up.

Basically, because of this...the Amerks will go from a Calder Cup contender and the team in 1st place...to barely making the playoffs and losing in the first round.  <_<

245874[/snapback]

Reality check:

AHL = practice time

Calder Cup = worthless gimmick to create the impression that the league is actually about wins and losses instead of what it really is: Finding a way to offset the NHL's player development costs by getting hockey fans to pay to watch.