(OT) Nosey people

erynthered

Don’t you just hate it when people but into things that they shouldn’t?

I caught a fellow employee busting into someone else’s e-mail account. What I’m asking you fellow Bills fans is this. If you were me, what should I do to this scum bag, that broke into someone else’s personal e-mail or PRIVATE MAIL JUST TO SOOTH THEIR PREVERTED PHYSCO EGO. Sorry about the caps, it just pisses me off that someone would have thew balls to do that. At work this is my decision, and I’m looking for advice.

Thoughts?

I think he should be fired………

BTW, they had no authorization to do so. Nor was it a subordinate looking at a bosses notes. Lateral nosery. :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught a fellow employee busting into someone else’s e-mail account. What I’m asking you fellow Bills fans is this. If you were me, what should I do to this scum bag, that broke into someone else’s personal e-mail or PRIVATE MAIL JUST TO SOOTH THEIR PREVERTED PHYSCO EGO. Sorry about the caps, it just pisses me off that someone would have thew balls to do that. At work this is my decision, and I’m looking for advice.

Thoughts?

BTW, they had no authorization to do so. Nor was it a subordinate looking at a bosses notes. Lateral nosery. :rolleyes:

245594[/snapback]

That's like reading someones mail isn't it? Stoj can them. Whose to say they couldnt and wouldnt get into yours? Nose his ass to the unenjoyment line.

Thoughts?

245594[/snapback]

Maybe the need for stroking their own ego compels them to do stupid sh--. Personal acheivements aren't enough for some. The need for control is self damning in many ways.

I say tar and feather.

Thoughts?

245594[/snapback]

Better to be nosey than smelly :doh: but seriously, that is a total invasion of privacy, if I were you I'd email the possesor of the account that was broken into. I'd specifically put something in the subject like "For Joe Smith's Reading Pleasure" (Joe Smith being the person that you saw broke into the account's name) and then explain in the body what you saw happened and cc a copy to Joe Smith (or not if don't want to deal with him) and bcc a copy to your boss.

It depends if she's good looking or not.  If not, can her ass.

245604[/snapback]

Well he’s a small man. He has this little hitleresqe about him. He always wants to be right. I think he had his ass beat a few times when he was younger, because he’s got this really dazed look about him. People are always thanking him for the strangest things, though he had nothing to do with it. He’s a tard!!

But that aside, I’ve got to put this on the business level, a professional level. Rise above his immaturity.

I need help, HR is not giving me any direction.

Better to be nosey than smelly  :rolleyes: but seriously, that is a total invasion of privacy, if I were you I'd email the possesor of the account that was broken into. I'd specifically put something in the subject like "For Joe Smith's Reading Pleasure" (Joe Smith being the person that you saw broke into the account's name) and then explain in the body what you saw happened and cc a copy to Joe Smith (or not if don't want to deal with him) and bcc a copy to your boss.

245618[/snapback]

I sense that has already been done.

Maybe the need for stroking their own ego compels them to do stupid sh--. Personal acheivements aren't enough for some. The need for control is self damning in many ways.

I say tar and feather.

245605[/snapback]

Well, what would you do, I mean, this is a breach of trust. The Company I work for is suppose to be a family.

How did this person "break into" the account? Did the "victim" leave their computer unlocked? Did the person try guessing passwords? Did the person put a keystroke logger on the victim's computer? That's all pretty important...

Where I work (as a sysadmin), if you leave your PC unlocked, you're fair game. I sent a resignation letter to my boss in the name of the person who left his terminal unlocked. Guess who got in trouble? The guy who left the terminal unlocked. :rolleyes: But that's because we all had an understanding ahead of time.

Anyway, there's three sides to every story, and we're only hearing yours. (also, you have no expectation of privacy while using company computers... So there is no invasion of privacy)

CW

Depends. What seems to be the management style. Is it fair?

245633[/snapback]

You raise a good question. Let me put it into a different perspective.

Say, If I were to PM you on this site, and you found out that someone had access to that PM, how would you feel? I mean, is it not suppose to be private?

Whats the difference? This guy at work does it by circumventing policy and procedure, whats to stop the Mods or Scott from looking at our PM’s?

Whats the difference? This guy at work does it by circumventing policy and procedure, whats to stop the Mods or Scott from looking at our PM’s?

245644[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing -- and Scott is fully within his rights to look at any and all PMs and you'd have no repurcussions. Same thing at work -- no expectation of privacy.

How do you know that the guy wasn't told to go into the email? Playing Devil's Advocate, how do you know that it's not you being the noisy one?

CW

How did this person "break into" the account?  Did the "victim" leave their computer unlocked?  Did the person try guessing passwords?  Did the person put a keystroke logger on the victim's computer?  That's all pretty important...

Where I work (as a sysadmin), if you leave your PC unlocked, you're fair game.  I sent a resignation letter to my boss in the name of the person who left his terminal unlocked.  Guess who got in trouble?  The guy who left the terminal unlocked. :rolleyes:  But that's because we all had an understanding ahead of time.

Anyway, there's three sides to every story, and we're only hearing yours.  (also, you have no expectation of privacy while using company computers...  So there is no invasion of privacy)

CW

245641[/snapback]

What if it was a sysadmin that was doing the reading?