(OT) Nosey people

erynthered

You've changed T.

Nothing would piss me off more than someone reading my PM's here or weather it be work, that were not suppose to.

Sad........

245731[/snapback]

Why do people always assume it's the other person that has changed. Look in a mirror lately?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people always assume it's the other person that has changed. Look in a mirror lately?

245739[/snapback]

You're right, maybe I've changed. Though, I still believe that if someone steals your private mail, work or not, they should be beatin within an inch of their life. Course I like VA's take also. :rolleyes:

Though, I dont go peeking into other peoples mail boxes. If that happened in my driveway, they'd be using a shovel to pick up the remains.

Dont you think thats sick?

Based on what she sends to me, probably pretty embarrased.

245763[/snapback]

You may get banned for that comment, then again, even if you PM'd me about it, you still could get banned.

I dont know how this got to talking about this site, I really started talking about this **** at work who stole someones e-mail. But.......I really guess it happen here also, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't mean to imply that they ARE being read.  However, they COULD be read.  Note the distinction.

245672[/snapback]

No, they are being read here by the administrators. Not "could". "Are".

And frankly, SDS is within his rights doing so, since it's his friggin' database. In fact, I'd wager he pretty much has to, just to keep his ass protected (even if PM's are "private", they're not so private that if someone's advocating criminal activity in them, SDS wouldn't get in trouble.) So he reads PM's...big deal.

But what he does with that information...well, that's a whole 'nother story. Say, if he uses it to break into other private systems, or screw people over out of pure egomaniacal spite...

No, they are being read here by the administrators.  Not "could".  "Are". 

And frankly, SDS is within his rights doing so, since it's his friggin' database.  In fact, I'd wager he pretty much has to, just to keep his ass protected (even if PM's are "private", they're not so private that if someone's advocating criminal activity in them, SDS wouldn't get in trouble.)  So he reads PM's...big deal.

But what he does with that information...well, that's a whole 'nother story.  Say, if he uses it to break into other private systems, or screw people over out of pure egomaniacal spite...

245773[/snapback]

That about covers my feelings. Sorry it took me so long to get there. I’m not as succinct as you.

So much for fishing :rolleyes:

That about covers my feelings. Sorry it took me so long to get there. I’m not as succinct as you.

So much for fishing :rolleyes:

245786[/snapback]

Fishing? For a statement that the admins read PMs? Why even bother? They do...and there's nothing wrong with it.

Unless you have some evidence that they use the information in such for..."less than honest" reasons, shall we say? But even so...I'd hardly worry about it. I'd be more concerned that they can (hypothetically - again, I stress) read passwords in the database, then use such to hack in to people's personal resources or other sites.

Fishing?  For a statement that the admins read PMs?  Why even bother?  They do...and there's nothing wrong with it. 

Unless you have some evidence that they use the information in such for..."less than honest" reasons, shall we say?  But even so...I'd hardly worry about it.  I'd be more concerned that they can (hypothetically - again, I stress) read passwords in the database, then use such to hack in to people's personal resources or other sites.

245798[/snapback]

Good advice. Get someones e-mail address if you want to correspond with someone here.