(OT) Charlotte is Great

NCDAWG

Just moved here from Fl., wow what a great place to be. The people are so nice and the weather is nice and cool. See people with bills stuff all over the place. It has been 4 years in the making, it is just great.

Formerly James in Jupiter :o

Just moved here from Fl., wow what a great place to be.  The people are so nice and the weather is nice and cool.  See people with bills stuff all over the place.  It has been 4 years in the making, it is just great.

Formerly James in Jupiter :o

245317[/snapback]

Just don't let them make you a soccer fan. I hear it's all the rage.

Be sure to check out your first place Charlotte Checkers. I was an avid Greensboro Generals fan before they folded last season and saw some great battles on the ice between the two. Their arena is great for minor league hockey, not top notch or modern, but a good hockey atmosphere. It'll be a shame if they move into the Bobcats new arena and leave the Cricket Arena. I wish the Bills would come to Charlotte just for the sake of seeing more Bills fans than Panthers fans at their stadium. :o

Be sure to check out your first place Charlotte Checkers. I was an avid Greensboro Generals fan before they folded last season and saw some great battles on the ice between the two. Their arena is great for minor league hockey, not top notch or modern, but a good hockey atmosphere.  It'll be a shame if they move into the Bobcats new arena and leave the Cricket Arena.  I wish the Bills would come to Charlotte just for the sake of seeing more Bills fans than Panthers fans at their stadium.  :o

245331[/snapback]

Cricket arena? Indepence?

Just moved here from Fl., wow what a great place to be.  The people are so nice and the weather is nice and cool.  See people with bills stuff all over the place.  It has been 4 years in the making, it is just great.

Formerly James in Jupiter :rolleyes:

245317[/snapback]

I lived there for 6 years - every other person you meet will be from Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse.

There are actually 4 Bills Bars in town. Township Grille (the hardcore place - must get there EARLY to get a seat) and Tavern on the Tracks are GREAT Bills bars - (I have even seen tailgating prior to a Bills telecast in their parking lot). There are 2 locations of Boardwalk Billys that I think are Bills Bars as well too - the owner is from Upstate I believe -

A cool dive bar is Angry Ales on Montford Dr - get to know the bartenders and they will always keep the Bills game on for you (even during 3-13 seasons)

Whatever you do, don't make fun of their food. It pisses them off. And remember, it was not called the Civil War. It was called The War of Northern Agression.

245473[/snapback]

And make sure to drink lots of Mella Yella. Right LA

i predict you get sucked into nascar within 2 years. i am a die hard nascar hater, but after about 2 years being here in richmond i succumbed to the intrigue and have actually accepted it as a viable recreational alternative. the races are sights and events to behold. the personalities are "human" and with john boy and billy broadcasting from your home town of charlotte, you will be drawn in like the rest of us...just enjoy the ride, it isn;t horrible! :rolleyes:

Not a chance....not even nascar

245330[/snapback]

it was not called the Civil War. It was called The War of Northern Agression.

245473[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth.... I lived in Charleston, SC for 9 years and literally not a day goes by that you can't pick up the daily paper and find at least one, if not several references to the "Great War of Northern Agression".... Always loved it when I'd get into the damn yankee discussions and they'd hit me with "the souths gonna do it again.... and I'd just look at them and say .... what?? ... lose??

Your title caught my attention. I've lived here in Charlotte for the past 15 years and for the most part, enjoyed it very much!! Left the Falls (armpit of NY) in 78 and after a stint in S.Florida moved up to Raleigh in 83 - which was another nice place to live. Sort of watched this area develop too much so am now moving to Huntsville ALABAMA!! Just like "My Cousin Vinnie". I think that's were Pesci was in that movie? - Italian Yankee moves deeper into the South. I was able to get a transfer with my employer and thought I'd give it a chance. I've truly enjoyed the past 22 years down here and have had all pleasant experiences. And yes there are many trasnsplants down here mostly from Ohio, Western PA, & NY. Good luck to you & let me know if you need to buy a house, or piano, dining room set, patio furniture, water ski's ...... Everything stays & will start all over again with the exception of the wife, dogs, & kids - in that order.

I just gotta say that the charlotte area is alot closer to what I grew up with in buffalo that it ever will be in south fla. South fla sucks pure and simple. Nobody wants to know nuthin...sorry for the bad english. People in NC seem to talk to you.. what a wierd concept. I am so thankful to be out of that sh-- hole or stevetojan hole that is south fl. People seem to be genuine here in NC...kinda like a small taste of buffalo. Would also like to know if anyone in the area will be getting together for the draft?

Mella Yella. Goes best with a pack-a-nabs. (I pity the fool who knows what the hell a pack-a-nabs is.)

245480[/snapback]

Pity me...a "pak-a-nabs" is a 6 pack of those crakers with fake cheese or peanut butter in the middle. I think it is short for "Nabisco"

I also know abuot "tennyshoes", "barBQ" (Barbeque WHAT?), "Gropp soda and a moon pie", "Ink Pins", "Lead Poncills" and a bunch of other stuff

Pity me...a "pak-a-nabs" is a 6 pack of those crakers with fake cheese or peanut butter in the middle. I think it is short for "Nabisco"

I also know abuot "tennyshoes", "barBQ" (Barbeque WHAT?), "Gropp soda and a moon pie", "Ink Pins", "Lead Poncills" and a bunch of other stuff

246152[/snapback]

Consider yourself pitied, Hogboy. They were, indeed, the orange crackers with peanut butter in the middle...originally made by Nabisco. Forgot all about moon pahs.