OT US soccer

now that would be something you should do, especially if it helps you keep your opinion on the worlds most popular sport to yourself because it wasn't needed here.  If it ain't your cup of tea, ignore it!

245353[/snapback]

Dude, do you KNOW where you are? This is TBD, home of "If it ain't your cup of tea, bash it as hard and as many times as you possibly can".

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kick...kick...run around....kick....kick....corner kick...shot on goal goes wide...kick...run around....kick....shot on goal goes wide...kick...kick...kick....yellow card for something or other,not really sure...kick...kick...shot on goal right at goalie-blocked....kick...kick...kick...run around...kick...penalty shot- other team lines up and puts hands over their nuts- shot goes wide...kick...kick...look up in the sky, it's a blue moon...GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Oh yeah, that soccer is a hoot!  :o

:o

244955[/snapback]

I went flying by this the first time around.....I completely missed the part in bold! :D

I can't speak for anyone else, but sorry pal... wrong.

And if that's your last argument, I can see this is getting out of your league.

"Yeah.... yeah.... well.... well you're fat!!!"

hahah - dork.

245307[/snapback]

Out of my league? Actually, I stepped in your league with that comment. Soccer sucks, soccer's for pussies. We can both play name games all day long.

I feel like I'm arguing with a liberal. You know, when all the facts are pointing in a clear direction, yet they still are set in their ways.

Mr. Clutch:

Just do what I do......make sure you've got HDNet on your cable/satellite provider so you can watch MLS games in high def......order the Fox Sports package so you can see the English Premier League games.......and just keep it to yourself lol

PS. I'll put my money on a hockey player to beat the crap out of a soccer player any day.......but don't tell me that baseball has anything on soccer.

Soccer is tougher than Hockey? Put down the pipe soccer boy. :rolleyes:

245308[/snapback]

To play competively ... yes! I can hang up my skates for a year, and come back like I never missed a day. If you don't play soccer for a year, you can't even come close to the same skill level you had before. Case in point...

When I played puck in college, I barely played soccer. It's taking me 2+ years now to regain some of my skills. I'm no where near to what I used to be. I missed 8 months of hockey after wrist surgery, I came back better than before.

Obviously hitting wise, hockey and football are tougher. To play 90 minutes straight with only 5-10 minutes in between, that my friends is tougher than playing five seconds every now and then.

now that would be something you should do, especially if it helps you keep your opinion on the worlds most popular sport to yourself because it wasn't needed here.  If it ain't your cup of tea, ignore it!

245353[/snapback]

Kevin ... I didn't start this thread. I'm just giving the other side. I love football, I love soccer, I love hockey. But I won't just stand on the sidelines and let people attack something because they don't understand it.

On a side note for you: How are the Sabres prospects looking?

Mr. Clutch:

Just do what I do......make sure you've got HDNet on your cable/satellite provider so you can watch MLS games in high def......order the Fox Sports package so you can see the English Premier League games.......and just keep it to yourself lol

PS. I'll put my money on a hockey player to beat the crap out of a soccer player any day.......but don't tell me that baseball has anything on soccer.

245392[/snapback]

The 205lb hockey player I was would surely kick the crap out of the 185lb soccer player I am. :rolleyes:

Every Saturday morning my friend I watch FSW and follow Liverpool FC religiously. My third favorite team in the world, behind the Bills and and Sabs.

The 205lb hockey player I was would surely kick the crap out of the 185lb soccer player I am.  :rolleyes:

Every Saturday morning my friend I watch FSW and follow Liverpool FC religiously. My third favorite team in the world, behind the Bills and and Sabs.

245407[/snapback]

Yep, I put soccer in my top three with the NFL and NHL......(with the NFL and the Bills being first, of course) I just can't get excited about the MLB and NBA anymore, even though I do love watching Braves games in HD.

I'm still trying to make sense of how all the leagues and tournaments are structured, but I love watching the games. When I heard that teams in the EPL are at risk for relegation when they suck, I thought that was a great concept.

Yep, I put soccer in my top three with the NFL and NHL......(with the NFL and the Bills being first, of course) I just can't get excited about the MLB and NBA anymore, even though I do love watching Braves games in HD.

I'm still trying to make sense of how all the leagues and tournaments are structured, but I love watching the games. When I heard that teams in the EPL are at risk for relegation when they suck, I thought that was a great concept.

245419[/snapback]

Go to wikipedia.com and type in EPL. All your questions will be answered. I love the relegation system but it wouldn't work in most American sports. Too bad though, the threat of relegation makes every game on every day matter. So even the games between two bottom feeders is huge.

To play competively ... yes! I can hang up my skates for a year, and come back like I never missed a day. If you don't play soccer for a year, you can't even come close to the same skill level you had before. Case in point...

When I played puck in college, I barely played soccer. It's taking me 2+ years now to regain some of my skills. I'm no where near to what I used to be. I missed 8 months of hockey after wrist surgery, I came back better than before.

Obviously hitting wise, hockey and football are tougher. To play 90 minutes straight with only 5-10 minutes in between, that my friends is tougher than playing five seconds every now and then.

245397[/snapback]

Yeah you must be a great hockey player? What soccer skills chinese fire drills and kick the ball. Oh thats right, grab the guys ass as you run by.

Real tough. :rolleyes:

Actually as a former coach of some "older children", the biggest thing about soccer is similar to coaching Special teams coverage. Staying in lanes and areas and learning to cover back sides.

It isn't difficult.

BTW, our team went undefeated and outscored the our opponents 158-2. This was in a 14 games season and playoffs.

Even with that many scores by my team, it was still BORING.

Kick...kick...run around....kick....kick....corner kick...shot on goal goes wide...kick...run around....kick....shot on goal goes wide...kick...kick...kick....yellow card for something or other,not really sure...kick...kick...shot on goal right at goalie-blocked....kick...kick...kick...run around...kick...penalty shot- other team lines up and puts hands over their nuts- shot goes wide...kick...kick...look up in the sky, it's a blue moon...GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

Oh yeah, that soccer is a hoot!  :doh:

:rolleyes:

244955[/snapback]

a sports reporter a few years ago timed a baseball game with a stopwatch. in other words, he kept track of when there was actually SOMETHING happening on the field. in a three hour plus game, there were about 10 minutes of action- running, pitching, stealing bases, etc.

But most of the time?

Pitcher holds the ball...looks to first...grabs his crotch...looks at the catcher...shakes his head...looks to first...throws to first...first baseman throws it back...he grabs his crotch...shakes his head...spits...looks at first...throws a pitch...ball one...shakes his head...looks at first...out comes the manager...have a chat...grab their crotches...look to first...

oh yeah, baseball is a real thrill...

Yeah you must be a great hockey player?\

245504[/snapback]

IMHO, I believe the word I would use was sick. I was a sick hockey player and kept getting better as I got older. But a really bad wrist injury hindered me in the end.