Who do you want

sfladave

Who do you want to be the backup QB?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be the backup QB?

• Kordell Stewart
    • Kurt Warner
    • Gus Ferrotte
    • Kerry Collins
    • Kelly Holcomb
    • Jeff Garcia
    • Akili Smith
    • Quincy Carter
    • Brian Griese
    • Jay Fiedler
    • Brad Johnson
    • Vinny Testeverde
    • Shane Mathews

We know the Bills are going to bring in a vet QB, who will it be? Who do you want?

If Mathews does retire we will need 2 QBs, I think 1 from the draft and another 1 from FA.

I didn't include Hasslebeck or Brees because I think they'll stay with their respective teams. I also didn't include Zollman because I think he is a project at best.

If he'd be willing to accept a backup role, I'd sign Brad Johnson. With the exception of Kerry Collins, Johnson is the only one on that list that I believe would have a decent chance of stepping in and truly playing well if Losman were injured.

I say Akili Smith. He'll be fresh off his NFLE stint and should be primed to set career bests in all statistical categories :devil:  <_<

244293[/snapback]

Dont laugh at Akili...I felt that he was totally unprepared for the NFL when he was thrown into the fire his first year, but the kid has talent. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he lands on an NFL team after his NFL Europe stint.

If he'd be willing to accept a backup role,  I'd sign Brad Johnson.  With the exception of Kerry Collins,  Johnson is the only one on that list that I believe would have a decent chance of stepping in and truly playing well if Losman were injured.

244304[/snapback]

Unfortunately I think the Bills are going to be limited in who they get to be the back-up by an inability to pay more than a cap hit of $2.2 million for the back-up. Additional expenditure will begin to eat into our $9 million or so cap room TD has created and I think this money is going to be devoted to LT, starting DT and other needs, If we exceed $2.2 million in expenditure then the cap hit for cutting Bledsoe exceeds the cap cost of keeping Bledsoe under his own contract.

Just as the accelerated bonus of trading Bledsoe to the Bills played a significant role in NE totally missing the playoffs the year after and the year before the won two SBs in a row, so too might exceeding $2.2 million cause an accelerated cap hit from a team correctly deciding to do away with Bledsoe wreck the team the next year.

Perusing the list with the reality of cap hits in mind, Kordell may be the best choice and actually Charlie Batch may be missing from the list. Johnson will probably will have a cap hit which makes him difficult for us to get.