A look at Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch's greatest hits

Punching Bag

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/08/marshawn-lynch-retires-seahawks-super-bowl

Read the section in article where author, a media member himself, describes NYC based media:

I tended to understand Lynch’s aversion to the media as Super Bowl week wore on and a cabal of writers stationed in New York City decided that they would gang up and force Lynch to speak—basically round him up and make him sit there and take questions. I had one esteemed media member—a friend and colleague—basically explain it to me as the media’s divine right to have players bow to the media’s needs. I heard another colleague tell me that I was considered for the cabal but was rejected because I wasn’t black, and thus wouldn’t “relate” to Lynch as well as someone who was.

I left that media session slightly nauseous, wondering to myself, “Who the f--- do we think we are?

Yeah, but they weren't a perennial one before he got there. Personally, I always loved the guy. From the first video I watched of him after we drafted him when he was cruising around in the golf cart while at Cal. So funny. The guy is so much smarter than anyone gives him credit for (which should be obvious considering he went to Cal Berkeley). Yeah, he made a mistake here and there, who doesn't? The way he made himself a marketable player by not saying anything was pure genius and clearly intentional in my mind.

Edited by Mark80

Yeah, but they weren't a perennial one before he got there. Personally, I always loved the guy. From the first video I watched of him after we drafted him when he was cruising around in the golf cart while at Cal. So funny. The guy is so much smarter than anyone gives him credit for (which should be obvious considering he went to Cal Berkeley). Yeah, he made a mistake here and there, who doesn't? The way he made himself a marketable player by not saying anything was pure genius and clearly intentional in my mind.

Agreed. Marshawn is a cool mofo in my book.

Marshawn's greatest hit came on Chippewa Street downtown. That helped get him a one-way ticket out of town and a spot on a perennial playoff team and Super Bowl winner.

I was reading this looking for how long it would take to pop up. Second blog! AWESOME!