Hey Poojer, they're baaaack!

Acantha

I retired from United Airlines after 35 years (1968-2003). They went CH11, dumped our earned pensions on the Government, and now are buying hundreds of billions of $ worth of new airplanes.

So the Feds took over the pensions, said we were being overpaid, cut the benefit by almost half, and then adjusted our future monthly benefit down, to get back the alleged over payment. :wallbash::doh:

I know many from the BUF area who are retired autoworkers and steel workers who got the same treatment. The difference being that their former employers are not as successful as United.

The USA has a massive deficit, and PBGC represents about $30 billion of that deficit. If they (US Govt.) had any sense, they'd take all the pensions that are being paid to later successful companies, and make the successful company pay the people that they rightly owe. That would take a bite out of our deficit.

:huh:

I retired from United Airlines after 35 years (1968-2003). They went CH11, dumped our earned pensions on the Government, and now are buying hundreds of billions of $ worth of new airplanes.

So the Feds took over the pensions, said we were being overpaid, cut the benefit by almost half, and then adjusted our future monthly benefit down, to get back the alleged over payment. :wallbash::doh:

I know many from the BUF area who are retired autoworkers and steel workers who got the same treatment. The difference being that their former employers are not as successful as United.

The USA has a massive deficit, and PBGC represents about $30 billion of that deficit. If they (US Govt.) had any sense, they'd take all the pensions that are being paid to later successful companies, and make the successful company pay the people that they rightly owe. That would take a bite out of our deficit.