[closed]Rob Ryan turns #4 DEF into #31...sound familiar?

Marty McFly

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/15573/simple-solution-for-saints-defense-rob-ryan-strip-down-the-playbook

Ran into this interesting article the other day. Apparently Rob Ryan's playbook was also too complicated and took a #4 defense and turned it into a #31 defense. Sound familiar? I could have sworn I read an article about Rex Ryan that sounds real similar...although there is hope....if you read the article the players again admit they didnt study the playbook enough. So next year here are 2 outcomes for the defense..

1. Bills could have a really good draft at DEF players put in the time and effort to learn the book, the scheme finally clicks and were back in the top 10 Defenses.

2. It doesnt click, the Def falls under #10 again and Pegula moves on from Rex and Co, keeping Roman if the OFF performs good....

Go Bills!

The biggest problem is that most of the most physical players are often not very cerebral. So when complicating things, you could train them for 5 off seasons straight and they'd never get it. I among the few posting here, believe in Rex Ryan but I worry if Aaron Williams or Kyle Williams are gone due to injury there will not be a Ray Lewis or Ed Reed leader to facilitate implementing the defense amongst the players.

The biggest problem is that most of the most physical players are often not very cerebral. So when complicating things, you could train them for 5 off seasons straight and they'd never get it. I among the few posting here, believe in Rex Ryan but I worry if Aaron Williams or Kyle Williams are gone due to injury there will not be a Ray Lewis or Ed Reed leader to facilitate implementing the defense amongst the players.

I think thats a part of why they bought in Ed Reed to coach the DBs