I have a bundle of gmail invites

John Adams

What is the benefit of gmail as opposed to say yahoo or hotmail?

244777[/snapback]

Size of the account is one, but I payed for Yahoo before I got the gmail, so I had more Yahoo space. Mostly, it's shockingly fast by comparison. Yahoo! Mail is slow. Gmail does everything instantaneously. You want to reply. Click and you are in the Reply instantly.

Also, unlike Yahoo, the google search feature returns good results.

Finally, you view email conversations in a threaded view, which makes you wonder why anyone would use any other view for reading emails.

Size of the account is one, but I payed for Yahoo before I got the gmail, so I had more Yahoo space. Mostly, it's shockingly fast by comparison. Yahoo! Mail is a joke by comparison. Gmail does everything instantaneously. You want to reply. Click and you are in the Reply instantly.

Also, unlike Yahoo, the google search feature returns good results.

Finally, you view email conversations in a threaded view, which makes you wonder why anyone would use any other view for reading emails.

244804[/snapback]

I love threaded views. When the genius executives at my former company overruled me and forced us to convert from Novell's GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange, we lost all of our threaded views and spent SIX times as much money on storage for just email.

Nothing better than losing cool functionality while spending significantly more money. Excellent business decision there. Way to step back 5+ years.

I love threaded views.  When the genius executives at my former company overruled me and forced us to convert from Novell's GroupWise to Microsoft Exchange, we lost all of our threaded views and spent SIX times as much money on storage for just email.

Nothing better than losing cool functionality while spending significantly more money.  Excellent business decision there.  Way to step back 5+ years.

244842[/snapback]

Hmmmmm....was that jab really pointed at your employer?

BRING BACK THREADED VIEWS!!!! :o:o