A treatise on a new stadium

Beerball

It still doesn't become a destination. In order to do that you have to take away parking spots, construct the beer garden, hire bands, staff, etc... You need to sell enough product minus those expenses / cost of goods 10 times a year to be profitable there. That's asking a lot when people still have the alternative of their normal pre game routine.

I know that we all like and have become accustomed to our traditions. The problem is the Bills can't meet their revenue objectives even with a remodel. It really is that simple. I'm not advocating for a new stadium here but I am giving you the reasons why one is coming. When the meetings occur in OBD on the business side there is one objective -raising profits. Months of analysis and preparation go into that decision. The Bills probably have a full time staff on the business side of 100 or so people whose job is nothing but that. I work for a large insurance agency and we have just a little larger staff. Whether it be insurance or football the staff's have the same objective -make more money.

Unfortunately, for many they aren't sitting in the board room discussing what can be done to enhance fan experience. It's the sad truth. Fan experience improvements are implemented because they believe that those improvements will ultimately increase revenue. That's why you have Dutf's, Dinosaur BBQ, the new team store, heated in the clubs, etc...

Assuming that a new stadium is going to be built the next issue is where do you put it. The waterfront area is steadily being developed and the downtown area with open space is being developed. There is some movement on developing the train station but even if that area was targeted for a possible location it is a tight squeeze for such a large facility. As time goes by siting a new facility, especially if it is to be linked to Pegula's canalside projects, beomes more challenging and problematic. I'm not offering any answers so much as presenting questions. From everything I have been reading Pegula and the public authorities are not in a hurry to address the stadium issue. As time goes by options close.

After writing my comments I saw this link on a WGRZ site that is relevant to the stadium issue.

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/nfl/bills/jeremy-jacobs-voices-interest-in-being-involved-with-new-stadium/30723244

Edited by JohnC

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic