You won't believe- The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN THE AFC...

Ah, the yearly schedule + injuries + refs excuse. Like other teams don't have challenges...

The thing to consider is what other team in the NFL had these particular challenges. I feel a rule should be implemented that no team should play more than 2 games in a row at home or on the road. This makes even competitive balance.

I am not complaining that the Bills can't overcome these obstacles, I am merely saying that it seems odd that Buffalo has been a target for the imbalance, some of it was their own fault for instituting the dreaded Toronto mishap.

But when the 2016 schedule comes out, the Bills should not be the only team in the AFC or in the NFL to face certain obstacles. This should be brought to the leagues attention by ownership and management.

Edited by BillsRdue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing to consider is what other team in the NFL had these particular challenges. I feel a rule should be implemented that no team should play more than 2 games in a row at home or on the road. This makes even competitive balance.

I am not complaining that the Bills can't overcome these obstacles, I am merely saying that it seems odd that Buffalo has been a target for the imbalance, some of it was their own fault for instituting the dreaded Toronto mishap.

But when the 2016 schedule comes out, the Bills should not be the only team in the AFC or in the NFL to face certain obstacles. This should be brought to the leagues attention by ownership and management.

I have a feeling most non playoff teams can look back at their year and complain about various things that were 'unfair'. But maybe I'm being too harsh in my expectations of our team. It just feels like a broken record for us every year, and I'm not one to really believe in conspiracy theories generally speaking. Why would the NFL purposefully sabotage the Bills? From what I understand its good for the league if we have success.

All i know is that if we play more than one team next year coming off their bye I'll lose it

Next year's schedule is going to be brutal as it stands now.

I mean matchups*

When they're not coming off a buy they're coming off a thursday night game, it happens far to often. There has to be a way to make sure that these are distributed more evenly.

The 91 Bills played 5 out of 6 on the road and went 5-1 good teams overcome what the league throws at them, but I also agree when it comes to scheduling the Bills seem to get an over abundance of teams coming off extra rest, and not just this past season, There has to be a way to balance the distribution of these games. From my perspective the Bills had the first legitimate shot at a playoff run from a personnel standpoint in a long time. The league seen fit to hand us 5 out of 6 on the road as well as several games against teams coming off extra rest, then turned every Bills game into a flag fest. I'll be the first to admit a lot of the penalties were deserved, but there were a lot of very costly bad penalties. For a team braking in a new head coach and offensive and defensive system it starts to be a lot to overcome.

I have a feeling most non playoff teams can look back at their year and complain about various things that were 'unfair'. But maybe I'm being too harsh in my expectations of our team. It just feels like a broken record for us every year, and I'm not one to really believe in conspiracy theories generally speaking. Why would the NFL purposefully sabotage the Bills? From what I understand its good for the league if we have success.

They don't "purposely sabotage the Bills." They want certain games in prime positions. Games that feature "premier" teams. They print out a million schedules and sift through them in order to do this. If the end result is a few lower tier teams have it a bit tougher then that's too bad.

They don't "purposely sabotage the Bills." They want certain games in prime positions. Games that feature "premier" teams. They print out a million schedules and sift through them in order to do this. If the end result is a few lower tier teams have it a bit tougher then that's too bad.

Isn't that the definition of sabotage, the lower tier teams get the short end of the stick. With the Bills drawing the short stick all the time. Even Cleveland didn't face this kind of scheduling problem....

Combine the schedule issues with bad coaching, and having one referee camped on Richie

on O, and another on Hughes on D for the better part of the season = no playoffs!

Funny how someone mentioned on another thread that our penalties were way down in

the last two home games, refs knew we were out of the playoffs at that point, and I concur totally.

Combine the schedule issues with bad coaching, and having one referee camped on Richie

on O, and another on Hughes on D for the better part of the season = no playoffs!

Funny how someone mentioned on another thread that our penalties were way down in

the last two home games, refs knew we were out of the playoffs at that point, and I concur totally.

The timing of penalties against the Bills were very suspicious. Bad phantom calls at the most inopportune times.