Bills Plan to keep 3 kickers next year

jumbalaya

just looked it up. 7 teams are above 90% on field goals. I wouldn't consider that a league wide benchmark.

A quick look at nfl.com stats & the top & the top 9 kickers (if you ignore the guy that's 1-1) are over 90%. So, very roughly speaking that puts the 75th percentile at 90%. I stand by the statement that 90% is an appropriate benchmark.

Wasn't that a 50 yarder that hit the upright? That's not a glaring miss. Nor was it at the end of the game.

It changed the math. I'd have to go back and look, but I remember that we ended up going for a 2-pointer early on that left us in the 8-point hole, which would have been an FG to tie otherwise.

It changed the math. I'd have to go back and look, but I remember that we ended up going for a 2-pointer early on that left us in the 8-point hole, which would have been an FG to tie otherwise.

I understand. And I was pissed he missed. But a 50'yarder on the road that hits the upright is not a huge miss or choke.

I understand. And I was pissed he missed. But a 50'yarder on the road that hits the upright is not a huge miss or choke.

No, but it did cost us the game, or at least had a major negative impact. It wasn't just the FG, it was the missed XP as well. We needed those 4 points badly (and the other XP which we eschewed for the 2pt). Those 5 points make it a 3-point game at the end. Bottom line, MONEY became MAYBE this year.

Edited by Freddie's Dead