It's one thing to argue letting Drew go but...

bluv

I mean the kid hasn't played a meaningful down yet and some are already comparing him to RJ! Face while nobody knows what JP will turn out to be, it is sad that Bills fans would bash him before he even plays. Since we have endured 3 seasons with Drew and have saw him play that situation is up for debate. I for one know that Drew and his limitations have held this team back, especially in 2004. JP might not be the answer but Drew wasn't neither. If the D and special teams play as they did last year and unless JP throws a ton of picks (which I will give Drew credit for as he didn't throw many picks), how can you not believe that if JP plays average; AS DREW PLAYED IN 2004, how can there be much of a fall off? And if that is the case, why stick with an average QB as Drew?

I don't want to get into a debate about Drew as he is history. But JP is the future and for a TRUE BILLS fan to diss the guy before he has played a game might as well jump ship now! As a matter of fact we should keep track of all such posters on this board and write their name on a list as being FAKE and FICKLE! To them JP would have to put up Peyton Manning type numbers and double Drews output to get any respect for they are the types who actually WANT JP to fail just to say I TOLD YOU SO; to all those types I'm TELLING YOU: JUMP SHIP NOW!!!

He has played. He has thrown INT's at a 20% rate. He has a career 35 rating. He was injured trying to be cute in camp and missed half the season as a result. He has never had a winning record in college.

To this point it isn't a bashing of JP it's just the reality of what he has shown so far. Like it or not, what is out there doesn't look good.

I for one hope that he can turn it around and show something on the field, but over the last 5 years he hasn't.

EDIT: Sorry he was 8-5 in 2002.

I havn't really seen anybody bash him. I've seen concerns on his durability (he was hurt in practice, not even RJ got hurt there), and conern based on the limited action he's seen where he seems to get happy feet and run instead of pass (ala Vick). I've also seen concern (from me at least) in that he has two turnovers and only five pass attempts in his regular-season career.

Havn't seen any bashing yet. Don't worry though, it'll come. :)

CW

Good point, let's see what he can do on the field first.. I see some in here who used to slam the ICEman for being a weathervane are already positioning themselves to be able to say they're right if JP fails... very hypocritical. :)

I mean the kid hasn't played a meaningful down yet and some are already comparing him to RJ! Face while nobody knows what JP will turn out to be, it is sad that Bills fans would bash him before he even plays. Since we have endured 3 seasons with Drew and have saw him play that situation is up for debate. I for one know that Drew and his limitations have held this team back, especially in 2004. JP might not be the answer but Drew wasn't neither. If the D and special teams play as they did last year and unless JP throws a ton of picks (which I will give Drew credit for as he didn't throw many picks), how can you not believe that if JP plays average; AS DREW PLAYED IN 2004, how can there be much of a fall off? And if that is the case, why stick with an average QB as Drew?

I don't want to get into a debate about Drew as he is history. But JP is the future and for a TRUE BILLS fan to diss the guy before he has played a game might as well jump ship now! As a matter of fact we should keep track of all such posters on this board and write their name on a list as being FAKE and FICKLE! To them JP would have to put up Peyton Manning type numbers and double Drews output to get any respect for they are the types who actually WANT JP to fail just to say I TOLD YOU SO; to all those types I'm TELLING YOU: JUMP SHIP NOW!!!

243103[/snapback]

I agree with you! It's bad enough we as Bills fans have to endure taking crap from fans of other teams but then have to listen to negative crap from posters on our own site, that's too much! I for one am excited to see what this kid has! And one thing I know for sure is that it will be a refreshing change to see a Bills QB actually scramble out of the pocket and make something happen!! :)

Losman threw 5 passes in garbage time in 2004. Give me a break with his 20% INT rate. That's such an utterly useless stat. His broken leg was his fault? Injuries happen all the time so how can you blame a guy for getting hurt? It was a freak thing. Losman has the most potential of any QB we have had since Jim Kelly showed up in 1986. Give the kid a chance. The difference between Losman and RJ is that Losman is a Football Player. RJ was a surfer.

Anyone who is judging JP on his limited appearances in 2004 is a either a Drew lover or a knucklehead! :) We'll really see what he can do this season when he gets extensive playing time. As Bills Fans, we should all be hoping for the best, but some Buffalo fans have a fatalistic negative point of view and cannot help themselves.

Go Bills and Go JP!

243103[/snapback]

JP never had a winning record in college. He is slighty undersized. In college he was criticized for holding the ball too long and was the most sacked QB his senior year.

I don't bash him but people here GRILLED Bledsoe. So JP is off limits? Whatever guy.

Nobody (at least me) is bashing him. The NFL is daunting and littered with failure.

I hope he succeeds, the odds are going to be against him. I pray he can pull it off.

IMHO, I don't like the odds. I am not a gambling person. I am not afraid to take chances either, just bets with slightly better odds. :)

Again, just my opinion.

He has played.  He has thrown INT's at a 20% rate.  He has a career 35 rating.  He was injured trying to be cute in camp and missed half the season as a result.  He has never had a winning record in college. 

To this point it isn't a bashing of JP it's just the reality of what he has shown so far.  Like it or not, what is out there doesn't look good. 

I for one hope that he can turn it around and show something on the field, but over the last 5 years he hasn't.

EDIT: Sorry he was 8-5 in 2002.

243105[/snapback]

So by this logic we could pick a six to eight month window in your life and draw a long term conclusion about you?

He has played.  He has thrown INT's at a 20% rate.  He has a career 35 rating.  He was injured trying to be cute in camp and missed half the season as a result.  He has never had a winning record in college. 

243105[/snapback]

Once again let me set the record straight. He was injured in camp because you had an experienced vet who thought he would take matters into his own hands and teach the rookie a lesson.

The training camp rule is....

You cannot hit the players with the red jerseys on

NOT

You cannot hit the players with the red jerseys on, unless they are cocky and need to be taught a lesson.

PS A career rating of 35 based on what....5 passes? Did you steal this great justification from Oneida Lake? Give me a break.

Once again let me set the record straight.  He was injured in camp because you had an experienced vet who thought he would take matters into his own hands and teach the rookie a lesson. 

NOT

You cannot hit the players with the red jerseys on, unless they are cocky and need to be taught a lesson.

PS A career rating of 35 based on what....5 passes?  Did you steal this great justification from Oneida Lake? Give me a break.

243124[/snapback]

I hope JPL learned his "lesson". I really hope so. All signals point to that?

Losman threw 5 passes in garbage time in 2004. Give me a break with his 20% INT rate. That's such an utterly useless stat. His broken leg was his fault? Injuries happen all the time so how can you blame a guy for getting hurt? It was a freak thing.  Losman has the most potential of any QB we have had since Jim Kelly showed up in 1986. Give the kid a chance. The difference between Losman and RJ is that Losman is a Football Player. RJ was a surfer.

243114[/snapback]

He threw an interception AND had a fumble... In the span of what, 5 plays? I don't care if it's garbage time or not, those turnovers were a direct result of him having happy feet; he seems to run at the drop of a hat (even quicker than Flutie did) and that exposes the ball. That has nothing to do with "garbage time." Shane Matthews played some in garbage time and he went 2/3 and had a TD (and no turnovers).

I'm not calling him a bust, I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying that based on the mop-up duty he had, as well as preseason, you have blinders on if you don't have any concerns about him.

CW

JP never had a winning record in college. He is slighty undersized. In college he was criticized for holding the ball too long and was the most sacked QB his senior year.

I don't bash him but people here GRILLED Bledsoe. So JP is off limits? Whatever guy.

243117[/snapback]

...and what college players are perfect with no flaws? When you read player profiles of guys who are even picked in the top 10, there is always something written on the negative side. It called pros and cons. JP isn't off limits, but give the guy a chance to step on the field. I don't really care what he did at Tulane, I care about how he does with the Bills and except for a few cameo appearances, HE HASN'T HAD THE CHANCE YET!

Once again let me set the record straight.  He was injured in camp because you had an experienced vet who thought he would take matters into his own hands and teach the rookie a lesson. 

NOT

PS A career rating of 35 based on what....5 passes?  Did you steal this great justification from Oneida Lake? Give me a break.

243124[/snapback]

And how do you know Vincent hit the QB to teach him a lesson? How do you know Vincent even hit the QB? From what I remember, the Bills were relatively quiet on the matter and the "official" word was that he was sliding towards Vincent or something like that and there was a freak accident. From what I've read of the situation, you're just guessing as to what happened.

Unless there was an article that I missed?

CW

...and what college players are perfect with no flaws?  When you read player profiles of guys who are even picked in the top 10, there is always something written on the negative side.  It called pros and cons.  JP isn't off limits, but give the guy a chance to step on the field.  I don't really care what he did at Tulane, I care about how he does with the Bills and except for a few cameo appearances, HE HASN'T HAD THE CHANCE YET!

243136[/snapback]

I'm not bashing the kid, i hope he does well. It is just funny that the "strengths" people claim JP has have acutually always been his "weaknesses".

And how do you know Vincent hit the QB to teach him a lesson?  How do you know Vincent even hit the QB?  From what I remember, the Bills were relatively quiet on the matter and the "official" word was that he was sliding towards Vincent or something like that and there was a freak accident.  From what I've read of the situation, you're just guessing as to what happened.

Unless there was an article that I missed?

CW

243138[/snapback]

Why else would TV hit him. He forgot the rules? He's color blind? It was reported all over the news that Vincent hit him. What are you talking about? I never saw this "official word" that you are referring to?

PS Listen you wanted DB to stay and he is going to be cut instead. Does this mean you have to bash Losman at every turn because of it?

I'm not bashing the kid, i hope he does well. It is just funny that the "strengths" people claim JP has have acutually always been his "weaknesses".

243145[/snapback]

The problem is everyone is screaming "Anyone but Drew". They are not looking at reality.

I have lived in WNY, been a Bills fan my whole life, and always will be. I hope JP wins us 10 Super Bowls in a row, but right now I don't see it.

I am one of the early "bashers" of Travis because he had a lot of limitations that everyone here chose to ignore, until Willis got on the field and showed what a back is supposed to be liked.

People don't like the players called out for there inabilities, unless the rest of the lemmings are bashing the player rightly or wrongly. Drew had a lot of fault and we were not going to win the SB with him. Bt he was not as bad as everyone thought here.

JP is more like Travis. Everyone here is going to go out of there way to forgive him. I won't, but like Travis I hope he gets better and corrects his mistakes. Travis never did, let's hope it is different with JP. That is my position.