Dareus injured his neck and lost feeling in his hand

Fingon

...yeah, but see, we were right. and the 2 minutes of looking at the internet to provide more information about the matter is to help educate others on the issue and to better explain than most of us are capable what the issue was. anyone who's played football and doesn't know what a stinger is never really played. anyone who played football knows the symptoms and sight of a stinger.

but...pinched nerve.

kiss the ring and you're welcome. we forgive you, son.

that is part of the trickiness of a stinger. it's not a neurological injury. it is a nerve injury.

i read a little more on it and the chances of it becoming a long term injury or chronic issue are slim to none.

Except no one guessed correctly that it was a pinched nerve....))

I'll let Rex focus on kissing the ring....

All is good.

that's what a stinger is. it's a pinched/crushed nerve.

I thought it was a stretched nerve when the shoulder gets driven downward too far. Maybe either? Regardless, it can be a nasty injury.

that is part of the trickiness of a stinger. it's not a neurological injury. it is a nerve injury.

i read a little more on it and the chances of it becoming a long term injury or chronic issue are slim to none.

Several years later he had lingering issues which led to an X-ray which revealed he may have cracked his collar bone (the related injury) at the same time. If not that hit, then when? You're right, his problems now aren't stinger related, but for years it appeared that way. Edited by Augie

another speculative diagnosis; thanks again Dr. Marcus Welby.

I'm no doctor but the same thing happened to me when I played football. Got a so called "Stinger" but I partially tore the nerves in my shoulder which made it go numb and I also lost 75% of my strength because I couldn't make the muscles fire. They did all sorts of tests on it poking me with needles and shooting electricity through my arms.

It can definitely be a long-term issue. I had my first one and got 3 more in the subsequent weeks. My neck has hurt every day since the first one and that was over a decade ago. Mine was pretty bad though maybe Dareus' wasn't as bad.

that's what a stinger is. it's a pinched/crushed nerve.

like I said, I'm just glad Marcel's injury is apparently nothing serious - hopefully

and I'm REALLY glad that everyone speculating it was a stinger was correct.... :nana: . Just kidding, some of you who played football and experienced a stinger had some first-hand experience.

I'm no doctor but the same thing happened to me when I played football. Got a so called "Stinger" but I partially tore the nerves in my shoulder which made it go numb and I also lost 75% of my strength because I couldn't make the muscles fire. They did all sorts of tests on it poking me with needles and shooting electricity through my arms.

It can definitely be a long-term issue. I had my first one and got 3 more in the subsequent weeks. My neck has hurt every day since the first one and that was over a decade ago. Mine was pretty bad though maybe Dareus' wasn't as bad.

damn that sounds rough man, sorry to hear that is still lingering for you ....

I'm no doctor but the same thing happened to me when I played football. Got a so called "Stinger" but I partially tore the nerves in my shoulder which made it go numb and I also lost 75% of my strength because I couldn't make the muscles fire. They did all sorts of tests on it poking me with needles and shooting electricity through my arms.It can definitely be a long-term issue. I had my first one and got 3 more in the subsequent weeks. My neck has hurt every day since the first one and that was over a decade ago. Mine was pretty bad though maybe Dareus' wasn't as bad.

Oh yeah, after the first one if you don't give it sufficient time it'll happen again with minimal contact. That's what my son did, then, of course, continued to lie about it. Better that than a concussion, but still....

Hope you get some relief. That really stinks.