Bills cannot go forward with Rex

Wiz

You can't be a "players coach" when your players don't have any leadership, never hold team meetings, any of that stuff.

THAT'S why the wheels have fallen off.

We have a coach that gives his players lots and lots of responsibility and leeway, and our guys just sat there and stared at it.

One could cite Rex's need to have "team captains" change every week. When I stated it wasn't a great idea to do the this people said, "who walks out to the middle of the field for a coin flip doesn't matter, the team knows who its leaders are." Well, apparently they don't. Perhaps having some players who were voted on by their peers to be their captains would have given them a mandate to lead, instead of everybody looking around hoping somebody else stood up and did it.

But hey, everybody gets a good chuckle when Incognito is the captain in Miami, IK is it for the Jets and Shady walks out in Philly. It's what Rex has always done...

I

Edited by MDH

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm unhappy with the job he's done but having both offensive and defensive systems move into year two I doubt we see "as bad or worse" in production. The only way that happens is if TT regresses (which he may do.)

While I don't like what Rex has done at all, changing coaches after a single year speaks to a franchise who can't get their heads out of their asses. Rex gets at least another year, the last thing I want is to see scheme and coaching changes yet again. One thing I do know is that Rex is a good D coach, the D will not be worse next year, I'm fairly confident of that. You won't see all the miscommunication or players looking completely lost pre-snap like we have this year. Well, at least not nearly as much of it.

Rex certainly was a good Defensive coach...I think there is a question now as to how effective his schemes are...Granted he has history on his side...But where Rex's Defenses have ranked in the past have absolutely nothing to do with today...And to say this Defense underachieved in Rex's first year is a bit of an understatement...Especially considering Rex was the guy telling us they would be even better in 2015...I think his exact words were "maybe the most talents he's ever had on Defense..."

The level of disappointment in Rex has brought me to the point where I believe it's better to cut ties now and save a year we'll never get back...Unless the objective is a complete tank job...I just think he did a terrible, terrible job as a HC this year...It was well beyond what I expected the worst case scenario could be with the level of talent on this team...Not to mention we got better QB play than we have for a long while...

The idea that they will get better under Rex just because it's a new season...another year in the system...is a bit of a gamble IMHO considering they have limped to a 3-6 record in the last 9 games when they should have been getting better...In the last 6 games they have scored a whopping 20 points combined in the 4th quarter, while giving up 31...Some of the 4th quarter team and clock management has been laughably awful...Looking lost on both sides of the ball...Taking stupid pre-snap penalties...They are regressing...Are we to believe that will not continue next year?

I don't expect Rex to be fired...I really don't...But personally I would can him...I just don't think he's got it anymore...Hopefully he proves me terribly wrong... B-)

One could site Rex's need to have "team captains" change every week. When I stated it wasn't a great idea to do the this people said, "who walks out to the middle of the field for a coin flip doesn't matter, the team knows who its leaders are." Well, apparently they don't. Perhaps having some players who were voted on by their peers to be their captains would have given them a mandate to lead, instead of everybody looking around hoping somebody else stood up and did it.

But hey, everybody gets a good chuckle when Incognito is the captain in Miami, IK is it for the Jets and Shady walks out in Philly. It's what Rex has always done...

I

Or, you know, a players coach who lets his team sort out their own business doesn't feel the need to choose and/or facilitate the selection of their leaders for them.

Or, you know, a players coach who lets his team sort out their own business doesn't feel the need to choose and/or facilitate the selection of their leaders for them.

But he didn't let them sort it out. He chooses the captains every week. Letting them sort it out would be allowing them to vote on their captains for the year.

But he didn't let them sort it out. He chooses the captains every week. Letting them sort it out would be allowing them to vote on their captains for the year.

Your assumption being that the guys calling the coin toss are defacto "leaders."

My assumption being that their can be leaders who lead the team. And their can be figureheads to run out at the beginning of regulation and/or overtime to say "tails."

Your assumption being that the guys calling the coin toss are defacto "leaders."

My assumption being that their can be leaders who lead the team. And their can be figureheads to run out at the beginning of regulation and/or overtime to say "tails."

Well, that wasn't my assumption and not what I said at all.

That is the truth. Remember this board when Maybin was selected when the consensus was Brian Orakpo. Or when Whitner was selected over Ngata. The board was screaming for Orakpo and Ngata, and they both were big needs. Like you state, when the vast majority of TBD is for a move, it should be made

The outcry here (including me) when Spiller was picked, as well.