Shining a light on Shady

BADOLBILZ

the improvement in the O line was noticeable as the season progressed.
I would not be too sure A Kromer did not have an influence on the development.

Consider that McCoy played pretty nicely when K Williams was out.

But i bet all three look good next year, and LeSean starts popping the big plays while Karlos grinds and the Gilly gets his.

If Felton can get his act together. He has been too often the reason McCoy bounced. Jerome missed his assignment often early in the season.

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just spent an entire thread pointing out that this is NOT the case. :lol:

The OL was either excellent at running the football this year or Gillislee and Karlos are the next Jamal Charles and Adrian Peterson, respectively.

I think one of the other trends that people seem to miss is that good running teams don't feel compelled to pay big money to BOTH top level OL and a top level RB.

One or the other.

If Shady needs 4 OL making $6M or more to excel then he just plain isn't any good.

I don't have the energy to sift through this whole thread, So forgive me for asking: it seems, based on what I have seen, that your issue is McCoy's contract extension, not the trade (or even the player quality), yes?

I don't have the energy to sift through this whole thread, So forgive me for asking: it seems, based on what I have seen, that your issue is McCoy's contract extension, not the trade (or even the player quality), yes?

Just read the OP.

If you want to see the statistical support for my argument then browse thru the thread.

I haven't seen anything remotely close to a supported counter argument but by all means, have at it. :lol:

If Felton can get his act together. He has been too often the reason McCoy bounced. Jerome missed his assignment often early in the season.

McCoy isn't much for following blocks. Signing Felton to lead for McCoy was a waste but some of these excuses are just fishing excursions. The other backs don't struggle to find cut backs a lot sooner than Shady........and subsequently have produced a ridiculously disproportionate amount of the big plays.

Just read the OP.

If you want to see the statistical support for my argument then browse thru the thread.

I haven't seen anything remotely close to a supported counter argument but by all means, have at it. :lol:

I wouldn't say you're wrong per se; RB is an increasingly devalued position

I don't agree that he's barely above average; I'd say he's in the top 7-8 RBs in the game based on YPC and total yards from scrimmage.

He hasn't been a top 3 guy this season for sure. I'm not sold on the idea that he won't regain that with health and an offseason in Roman's system, though the smart $ is against it simply based on age and the presence of other backs on the roster.

For me, given the seemingly diminished returns from alonso, the only part of the trade that rankles me is the contract extension. Shady will need to have two very productive years ahead to make it worth while.

I don't agree that he's barely above average; I'd say he's in the top 7-8 RBs in the game based on YPC and total yards from scrimmage.

He hasn't been a top 3 guy this season for sure. I'm not sold on the idea that he won't regain that with health and an offseason in Roman's system, though the smart $ is against it simply based on age and the presence of other backs on the roster.

For me, given the seemingly diminished returns from alonso, the only part of the trade that rankles me is the contract extension. Shady will need to have two very productive years ahead to make it worth while.

Yep, he's a nice player but that's not worth much $ at the RB position. The trade blew up in their face when they agreed to renegotiate his existing contract. As Dawgg pointed out......teams almost never succumb to such demands from veteran RB's.

If this was 1992 and defenses were still playing 7 big men up front he would have considerably better matchups against lumbering LB's and his total yards from scrimmage would matter much more rather than being mostly "soft" yards.

But it's not the old NFL and he's actually just a top 15 ypc type now.........in a league where the top of the rushing leader board is.....BY DESIGN....... mostly big, power backs who are being used to wear down the nickel defenses that McCoy matches up poorly against.

IMO he loses a lot of carries next season. He has $23M in unamortized guaranteed money left going into next season.

Just read the OP.

McCoy isn't much for following blocks. Signing Felton to lead for McCoy was a waste but some of these excuses are just fishing excursions. The other backs don't struggle to find cut backs a lot sooner than Shady........and subsequently have produced a ridiculously disproportionate amount of the big plays.

Not an excuse, so much as something i have noticed.

:thumbsup:

do you think he won't ?

Consider the preseason injury , and a line that really struggled for the longest time. A game that could not depend upon the pass.

Hmm.

He certainly could and should .

I dont care if he hits holes or wears a defense via contact.

His skill set is widely agreed he can cut like a muthe. And he sure as heck can. He can accelerate, has great vision and gives his body in the blitz.

Let Karlos or someone grind between the tackles. thats for the kids to soften the D line and LBs up.

I get the points though

Edited by 3rdand12