If this Defense comes around?

I've read numerous articles about the players beginning to adapt to Rex's defense. I still feel a little suspect after the Texans game, but wonder if they can put it together for the stretch run. Getting Aaron Williams back would be sweet.

But I still feel that we don't play our DE's wide enough to get heat on the QB. Watching Freeney tonight and seeing Denver, Seattle and Arizona line the DE's wider and get heat on the QB makes me wonder if Rex's scheme will work.

Granted better linebacking will help but Bradham and Preston both seemed to regress in this scheme. Lawson hasn't had much impact and Mario is in a bad cycle too. Overhauling personnel that gave us such a fierce defense last year seems wrong, so what do you think we should do on D?

On offense, we seem to be getting better and keeping the line intact with a new RT and a solid #2 WR and #2 QB could build some serious continuity for the future. I say bring in Kapernick and let the best man win. I am currently sold on Tyrod. I think when he is used properly, he can win.

Special teams may need a new kicker and returner, love Colton, he is the man. Overall, if Rex can coach better we should be able to be a competitive playoff caliber team for 3-5 years and hopefully more. I also think Whaley's done enough to deserve another year. Rex however, gets next year. This team should be 8-4 at the worst and in the drivers seat for the WC.

I place the blame for this on Rex with a little help from the Refs. Overall, I think we can be headed in the right direction if the coaches can get it together.

Top needs:
RT

LB

DT

#2 WR

#2 QB

Time to ground them Eagles! Go Bills!

BUffalo-Bills-Fans.jpg

I've read numerous articles about the players beginning to adapt to Rex's defense. I still feel a little suspect after the Texans game, but wonder if they can put it together for the stretch run. Getting Aaron Williams back would be sweet.

But I still feel that we don't play our DE's wide enough to get heat on the QB. Watching Freeney tonight and seeing Denver, Seattle and Arizona line the DE's wider and get heat on the QB makes me wonder if Rex's scheme will work.

Granted better linebacking will help but Bradham and Preston both seemed to regress in this scheme. Lawson hasn't had much impact and Mario is in a bad cycle too. Overhauling personnel that gave us such a fierce defense last year seems wrong, so what do you think we should do on D?

On offense, we seem to be getting better and keeping the line intact with a new RT and a solid #2 WR and #2 QB could build some serious continuity for the future. I say bring in Kapernick and let the best man win. I am currently sold on Tyrod. I think when he is used properly, he can win.

Special teams may need a new kicker and returner, love Colton, he is the man. Overall, if Rex can coach better we should be able to be a competitive playoff caliber team for 3-5 years and hopefully more. I also think Whaley's done enough to deserve another year. Rex however, gets next year. This team should be 8-4 at the worst and in the drivers seat for the WC.

I place the blame for this on Rex with a little help from the Refs. Overall, I think we can be headed in the right direction if the coaches can get it together.

Top needs:

RT

LB

DT

#2 WR

#2 QB

BUffalo-Bills-Fans.jpg

agree with most of what you said EXCEPT for Kap. We dont need Kap. We need to draft a high ceiling rookie QB and develop him. Kap would just be a waste of Cap space. We should bring in a solid veteran QB who wont **** the bed like EJ did vs the Jags game that might haunt us out of the WC this year.

agree with most of what you said EXCEPT for Kap. We dont need Kap. We need to draft a high ceiling rookie QB and develop him. Kap would just be a waste of Cap space. We should bring in a solid veteran QB who wont **** the bed like EJ did vs the Jags game that might haunt us out of the WC this year.

So you would have had Cassell in the game against Jax and Bengals? If these guys were good, they could be starting for many teams in this league.

We either need to draft a mid-level QB until we hit on one.

So you would have had Cassell in the game against Jax and Bengals? If these guys were good, they could be starting for many teams in this league.

We either need to draft a mid-level QB until we hit on one.

As much as I don't think Cassel is any good, or that Manuel is better, I think Cassel would've done just fine against the weak Jaguars, but we would've still got beat by the Bengals. Call me crazy, but I still prefer Manuel as the back up over Cassel though.

Top needs:

RT

LB

DT

#2 WR

#2 QB

BUffalo-Bills-Fans.jpg

LB and #2 WR is where I would focus most. The most dangerous offenses in the league tend to have at least two WR threats. For LBs, I think we need some depth plus a guy that wreak some of the havoc that Rex's defenses are known for.