''Fair practice''

Kindergarten teacher denies Legos to boys in name of ‘gender equity.’

A kindergarten teacher in Bainbridge Island, Wash., actively denies her male students the opportunity to play with Lego blocks in order to encourage her female students to play with them.

Karen Keller bars the boys in her class from playing with the colorful blocks, even going so far as to lie to them about their opportunity to play.

“I always tell the boys, ‘You’re going to have a turn’ — and I’m like, ‘Yeah, when hell freezes over’ in my head,” Keller told the Bainbridge Island Review. “I tell them, ‘You’ll have a turn’ because I don’t want them to feel bad.”

So she’s discriminating against them — and teaching them not to trust women in positions of authority. Nice job, sister.

Plus: “When you have an axe to grind with 5yr old boys, maybe you shouldn’t teach kindergarten.”

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/219323/

For years, Keller, who has taught at Captain Johnston Blakely Elementary since 2008, watched with discouragement as self-segregation defined her classroom — her boy students flocked to the building blocks while her girl students played with dolls and crayons and staples, toys that offered them little challenge or opportunity to fail and develop perseverance.

Kindergarten children self-segregate for a reason. If you don't know that reason, you probably shouldn't be teaching.